Windows 10: Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update.

Discus and support Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There used to be a handy function in Settings > Troubleshooting called "Hardware" but it seems Microsoft got rid of it for some reason. Is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JL927, Jul 5, 2019.

1. JL927 Win User

Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update.

There used to be a handy function in Settings > Troubleshooting called "Hardware" but it seems Microsoft got rid of it for some reason. Is there a way to get that back? Also, when my computer goes to sleep, I move the mouse and hit keys on the keyboard and it doesn't wake up anymore. Used to work fine before the update. Also, my fan is louder than ever. No new apps/programs were installed. Literally nothing was changed except the update.

:)

JL927, Jul 5, 2019

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jul 5, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update.

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update.

1. Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update. - Similar Threads - Computer won't wake

2. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  3. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  4. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Since update, computer hibernates and will not wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since update, computer hibernates and will not wake up: Every time I leave my hardwired PC running Windows 10 since the update, it goes into hibernation or something. I can hit keys, move the mouse, etc, and the screen remains black. The only thing that gets my screen back is holding the power button for about 2-3 seconds,...
  6. Computer won't wake up after sleep

Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  7. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  9. Computer won't wake up from sleep

Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...
  10. Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps: Hey everyone! First of all I'm glad to see TenForums is around, SevenForums way back when saved me more than a few times and was consistently a quality board *Smile So I configured my PC and network to support Wake on LAN, and after a long time trying to get it to work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer goes to sleep and wont wake up