Windows 10: Computer works in safemode but not in normal mode

Discus and support Computer works in safemode but not in normal mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi y'all, I have a HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0020. I have been using an external computer screen and everything has been working fine until I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dennis400, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dennis400 Win User

Computer works in safemode but not in normal mode

Hi y'all, I have a HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0020. I have been using an external computer screen and everything has been working fine until I was forced to update my computer. Ever since then, my computer cannot get past the HP loading screen. The HP loading screen will finish and then the computer will make a RRRR sound and then the computer screen will say no signal present. However, this issue does not occur when I go into safe mode. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

:)

Dennis400, Mar 26, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried.

Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password accepting so still at login screen) and no matter what I try, I cant get to normal login. (Hp envy 15 laptop with no networking port).

How did I get here?

I was trying to install a program or something when it asked me to boot to safemode and I accepted and now I am just stuck here.

What have been tried so far:

f8 key for boot option doesnt work.

Tried advanced startup to start in safemode with network by holding shifting and restart click but since laptop doesnt have network port so cant have internet connection with networking cable and wifi is not working so still safe mode is not accepting password.

Tried using cellphone with usb tethering mode to provide internet so that my microsoft password may be accepted but tethering connection doesnt work either.

Tried booting into command prompt or system recovery but that too asks for password and not accepting it.

I didnt have a local account ever since using laptop. So no local password exists and I have tried all the passwords that I could have used if there existed any local account but nothing was accepted.

Please help me without letting me reinstall my OS as it was preinstalled and I dont have seperate product key plus I cant start from the scratch.

Thanks

ShujjaHaider, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Computer works in safemode but not in normal mode

Get windows 10 out of safemode when computer screen is broken! HELP!

• When you say that "i got a problem on it, ", what is the issue that you are facing on Windows 10? = I CANNOT GET MY WINDOWS 10 OUT OF SAFE MODE. I HAVE A BROKEN SCREEN SO I CANT SEE WHAT TO DO.
    • How exactly you have booted in safe mode on Windows 10? = I DID USE THE MSCONFIG WAY, TO CHANGE IF IT BOOTED UP NORMALLY OR WITH SAFEMOSE
    • When say that "put it on safemode, at that time i didnt know that when in safemode the extra screen", are you logged in as safe mode and not able to boot to the Windows 10 normally?=I BELIEVE I CAN BUT I CANNOT BOOT INTO NORMAL MODE WHEN I CANNOT SEE WHAT
      I DO.
    • Are you able to boot to the computer?=YES
    • Are you getting any error message?=I DONT KNOW
    • When you say that "get to ''Repair computer'' or what ever i need to do... ", are you trying to perform startup repair of the computer? Which option in Repair computer are you trying to access?=I SIMPLY WANT MY COMPUTER TO GET INTO NORMAL MODE SO I CAN
      USE IT AGAIN. IS THERE ANYTJING I CAN PRESS AT WHEN ON STARTUP? TO GET OUT OF SAFEMODE?

Kai-OveReite, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Computer works in safemode but not in normal mode

1. Computer works in safemode but not in normal mode - Similar Threads - Computer works safemode

2. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  3. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  4. windows 11 not working no normal but working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 not working no normal but working in safe mode: Installed the windows 11 successfully but there's black screen error i tried in safe mode it worked but in normal it didn't and after opening device manager it shows this...
  5. windows 11 not working no normal but working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 not working no normal but working in safe mode: Installed the windows 11 successfully but there's black screen error i tried in safe mode it worked but in normal it didn't and after opening device manager it shows this...
  6. PC working in safe mode but not normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC working in safe mode but not normal: Hello everyone. So, my problem started like 2 weeks ago. While watching a youtube video my pc crashed and shut down, i try to boot it up and nothing. I open it up and remove all the cabels and put it back in and it was working normally for 3,4 days, after that it would...
  7. Safemode and password not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safemode and password not working: I put my laptop into safe mode while trying to run some checks it asks for my password which is incorrect apparently tried everything from ctrl and restart but keeps asking for my password before it takes another action, I have alot of music and photos which I'm not willing...
  8. New gpu, fine in safemode, bsod on normal boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New gpu, fine in safemode, bsod on normal boot: I installed a radeon r9 200 series gpu into what was an hp pavilion p6110f, I've upgraded cpu to a core 2 quad q9650, maxed out ram, and my psus is a 550w. Trying to boot normally I get a bsod with a device caught in driver thread message, HOWEVER booting into safemode it...
  9. Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode?: In Windows 10, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words, cancel the changes...
  10. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode: First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried. Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password...