Windows 10: Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

Discus and support Computer works on updates every time it is turned on in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I turn my laptop on, it says it is working on updates and works on this for a while before turning on. It does this everytime the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamesblack5, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

Every time I turn my laptop on, it says it is working on updates and works on this for a while before turning on. It does this everytime the computer is turned on and online I can only really find suggestions that say to turn automatic updates off which I have always had off, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

jamesblack5, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Computer Not Working

It's a laptop and it has a battery so I don't think that will work unless you want me ripping out the battery repeatedly

Nova_DeathStep, Dec 30, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer works on updates every time it is turned on :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

1. Computer works on updates every time it is turned on - Similar Threads - Computer works updates

2. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  3. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  4. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error 0x80070422 shows every time I turn computer on then check windows update is working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error 0x80070422 shows every time I turn computer on then check windows update is working: Hi all. I recently had an issue where I would try to check for updates through windows update, and I would get the following message 'There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact...
  6. Have reload printer every time the computer is turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have reload printer every time the computer is turned off: I have an HP laptop, and a wireless connection to an Epson WF-2750 Printer/Scanner. Everytime my computer turns off I have to reinstall the printer to get the scanner to work. What is the reason for this? Is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening all the...
  7. Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer: I can even use a restore point because it says there is an error. I ran through the cmd prompt (as administrator) and it says 0 bad sectors. Am I missing something? Is my ssd bad? Do I have to reset windows? I have a samsung Evo ssd if that matters submitted by /u/Oceirot...
  8. My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.: My computer had already been acting slower than usual and there were occasional freezes, but other than that it was totally fine. One day, I had pressed update and shut down on my computer as I was about to go to bed. When I woke up, my computer had lost all its file...
  9. Updating screws with my computer every time!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating screws with my computer every time!: How come after every "update" something goes wrong with the computer and it slows down a lot. I put off updating as long as I can, cuz it sucks. I hate it....
  10. Windows computer boots to the BIOS every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer boots to the BIOS every time I turn it on: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some of the users have told us that their Windows computer boots to the BIOS automatically every time they turn it on. Even if they exit the BIOS and restart, it again boots into the BIOS. In this post, we [...] This post Windows computer boots to the BIOS...