Windows 10: Computer Wouldn't Restart During Reinstallation

Discus and support Computer Wouldn't Restart During Reinstallation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. Yesterday, I had to do a reinstall of my Windows 10 operating system on my home computer. I used a USB flash drive that HP sent me. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LadyWhite_##, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Computer Wouldn't Restart During Reinstallation

Hello. Yesterday, I had to do a reinstall of my Windows 10 operating system on my home computer. I used a USB flash drive that HP sent me. The reinstallation was going well but within a half hour after theRecovery preparation is complete message came up and I removed the USB flash drive, a message came on the screen that the computer would not restart. As a result, I could not continue with the reinstallation process. Why did this happen? I've done reinstallations before and I never had this or any other problem.

:)

LadyWhite_##, Nov 16, 2020

2. Now wouldn´t that b a cool feature...

Hi,

I just read an article in the new Linux magazine on the use of Ramdisks. Using those as a file system can drastically speed up read and write performance. That would be a cool feature to build in the OS of mobile phones that hold a memory card anyway, wouldn´t
    it. Then saving a large Excel sheet wouldn´t take ages as it does now (on my E61 anyway), but just a few seconds...

Regards,

hendikoischnur, Nov 16, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer Wouldn't Restart During Reinstallation :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Computer Wouldn't Restart During Reinstallation

Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Computer Wouldn't Restart During Reinstallation

1. Computer Wouldn't Restart During Reinstallation - Similar Threads - Computer Wouldn't Restart

2. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.: So I just started having the issue where I got a blue screen for a watchdog violation, contacted some tech support and they told me it is software related so just reset the PC get fresh download of Windows and should be good. Well I went through the process of resetting it...
  3. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.: So I just started having the issue where I got a blue screen for a watchdog violation, contacted some tech support and they told me it is software related so just reset the PC get fresh download of Windows and should be good. Well I went through the process of resetting it...
  4. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Don't know the cause of BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION & Computer wouldn't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Don't know the cause of BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION & Computer wouldn't restart: My laptop had a Blue Screen of Death today after I turned it on. I was able to log in and open chrome, but after opening some previously closed tabs, the computer had the issue with the error saying: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION. The night prior to the error, when I shut...
  6. Don't know the cause of BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION & Computer wouldn't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't know the cause of BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION & Computer wouldn't restart: My laptop had a Blue Screen of Death today after I turned it on. I was able to log in and open chrome, but after opening some previously closed tabs, the computer had the issue with the error saying: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION. The night prior to the error, when I shut...
  7. Don't know the cause of BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION & Computer wouldn't restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer overheats during gaming after Win10 reinstall.

Computer overheats during gaming after Win10 reinstall.: After installing some driver updates, I can't start Windows for some reason and when I tried to reset Windows, it also failed for some reason. So I got a media creation tool and made a boot USB drive with it, no biggie. After getting the installation done, I noticed that...
  9. Computer keeps restarting during reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps restarting during reset: So i decided to reset my pc and halfway through reinstalling windows my pc keeps restarting. It boots up then the screen that tells me windows is installing comes up for a second before it restarts. It has been stuck at 64% and has been doing this for almost 6 hours and...
  10. Computer crashes during restart

Computer crashes during restart: Hi, Just recently, my computer refused to shut down properly. Upon shutdown or restarting, the computer would enter the shutdown/restart screen then after some time present a stopcode: driver_power_state_failure. I'm not sure what the issue is and any help would be...