Windows 10: computers are slow and they say newer computers are slow any recommendations

Discus and support computers are slow and they say newer computers are slow any recommendations in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Computers are slow and they say newer computers are slow also. Some say registry cleaners are not good for the registry and are snake oil. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wbs0001, May 30, 2019.

1. wbs0001 Win User

computers are slow and they say newer computers are slow any recommendations

My Computers are slow and they say newer computers are slow also.

Some say registry cleaners are not good for the registry and are snake oil.

Any recommendations?

:)

wbs0001, May 30, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, May 30, 2019
  3. slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 30, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. computers are slow and they say newer computers are slow any recommendations - Similar Threads - computers are slow

2. Slow computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow computer: My reasonably old Windows 10 computer has slowed down significantly of late. Will a full reset solve this or am I just givving myself a lot of hassle to get it configured the way I want it following a reset....
  3. Slow computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow computer: My reasonably old Windows 10 computer has slowed down significantly of late. Will a full reset solve this or am I just givving myself a lot of hassle to get it configured the way I want it following a reset....
  4. Slow computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow computer.: My computer is suddenly very slow. It started with Excel dogging. I closed Excel and re-booted the computer but the restart took way longer than it should. I'm guessing there is something in the background that is causing this. I'm not seeing anything in Task Manager under...
  5. Computer Slowing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Slowing: Hi, I recently had my computer go into the preparing automatic repair loop, and I gave it to a friend who got it fixed and recovered most of my files I am not quite sure regarding the actual process of repair and whatever he did . Everything works great, but there was one...
  6. Slow Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow Computer: Hi, just today, i did a clean install of windows, everything gone, I've noticed, everything is running slow, I've restarted, everything takes a while to process, i dont know why....
  7. Slow internet and slow computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow internet and slow computer: Hey everyone. My internet and my computer have started being slow recently(especially my internet). I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. What can I do? Thanks. submitted by /u/anihamud444 [link] [comments]...
  8. Slow Computer

Slow Computer: My Computer has been progesivley becoming slower over the last few months, i've not added any new programs exept windows 10 updates. any sugestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-computer/35bac848-6d8b-4df7-870a-38a5c451f8c1
  9. slow computer

slow computer: I bought a new HP desktop and it's very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-computer/34ccd5d0-d879-482e-b9f9-c69520e0b8b3
  10. slow computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow computer: WINDOWS 10 SLOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-computer/aa7ba701-0f23-45a9-aab5-1e38b83f985a