Windows 10: Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

Discus and support Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Calvin D, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Calvin D Win User

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.

What is the problem and what is the solution?

:)

Calvin D, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Mast342 Win User

Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all

Hello Everyone

Last week I was changing my Graphiccard a few times to test another one and finally installed my old one back in. After I restarted my Computer all rear audio jacks as well as the front audio jacks stopped working. I can safely say, that it is not an issue with my Speakers.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio drivers numerous times, everytime getting different results. Sometimes the Speakers are not visible at all on the choose audio output screen and sometimes they are, but they never seem to work. My Headset( Connected via USB) and my Monitor speakers( Connected via Dvi to HDMI Cable) work fine. There is also at all times the Realtek Digital Output listed, which I don't know the use of.

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working [​IMG]

Inside the Realtek Audio Manager i can only choose options for the digital Output. When i chose to disable the front jack recognition inside the Manager the speakers would show up, but the test sound didnt give any sound whatsoever. However when plugging in headphones to the front green jack, the speakers started a deep humming sound. I could even control the volume of this sound with my computer volumesettings.

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working [​IMG]

Here the front jacks arent visible because i disabled them, without any progress, in the bios.

I also had a look at the cables connecting the front jacks with the mothereboard and made sure there was no loose contact. The speakers are connected to the green audio jack. The volume on both the speakers and the pc is turned on. Before the change everything was working fine.

Is there any way, without buying a soundcard, that can fix my issue?

Mast342, Aug 24, 2019
  3. My audio jack randomly stopped working

*O.T.> Audio Jack

My audio jack randomly stopped working a while back there nothing wrong with the headphones I use I never dropped it in water or had anything liquid near it and its a real headache when my ear phones are in but the sound come out of the built in speaker
    of the computer I have n Acer computer not sure what model and this is way before the windows 10 update

ShaimanWilliams, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

My Audio jack is not working

Hi,

Follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Method 1:

Run built in Audio Device troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Playing Audio” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works

Method 2:

Try updating the drivers and check if it helps

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the “'Audio inputs and outputs'”.

c). Right click on the “High Definition Audio Device” and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed.

If there are no update available, download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the system by uninstalling the current driver. You can uninstall the driver by following the same steps, and select ‘Uninstall’, instead of selecting the
    “Update Driver Software” from the menu.

refer to the suggestion by Vipin from the following link and check.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/foru...

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

1. Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Computer's Audio Jacks

2. My Windows Computer's audio jacks don't work, only usb...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows Computer's audio jacks don't work, only usb...: Hi, One day when I was cleaning and putting together my new cpu fan for my computer, I had the bright idea of pulling out my graphics card while the computer was still running. This was most likely the cause of the sound getting shorted out. The sound is close to a light...
  3. Front audio jack

Front audio jack: I try all realtek driver version but no one's install or shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-audio-jack/11349524-463a-4bdc-8318-41913b4e87e8
  4. After 1903 update audio jack stop working.

After 1903 update audio jack stop working.: I have updated windows 1903, now audio jack doesn't work. If you put headphones and then restart my laptop, it start working in next boot. And after that if I remove headphones and re-plug it stop working. Speakers working fine, I have update all drivers, removed audio...
  5. Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.

Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.: Please can someone help? After reinstalling Windows 10 and completely restoring my PC the audio jack stopped working. In the sounds it has a speaker option for 1x Audio Jack -REAR PANEL 3x Audio Jack -HDMI inputs but nothing for front audio jack. i tested the audio jack...
  6. Audio Jack Issues

Audio Jack Issues: Hi anyone who views this, I have recently bought myself a studio microphone (Vonyx CMS400 Studio Set / Condenser Microphone with Stand and Pop Filter) and wasn't prepared to use it along with my speaker system (Logitec Z213). I went out and got an audio spliter that allows...
  7. Audio stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio stopped working: Windows 10. Computer 1 yr old. Audio worked until today. Says no audio device is installed, says I need windows audio and windows audio end point builder. No clue what that means. Can anyone help? Thx....
  8. Audio stopped working.

Audio stopped working.: "Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isn't running." I have tried all documented suggestions from running the Trouble Shooter, to going into the Task Manager and...
  9. Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all

Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all: Hello Everyone Last week I was changing my Graphiccard a few times to test another one and finally installed my old one back in. After I restarted my Computer all rear audio jacks as well as the front audio jacks stopped working. I can safely say, that it is not an issue...
  10. Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Microphone not working with combo audio jack: My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone...