Windows 10: Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

Discus and support Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Calvin D, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Calvin D Win User

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.

What is the problem and what is the solution?

:)

Calvin D, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Mast342 Win User

Rear Audio Jack Not Working at all

Hello Everyone

Last week I was changing my Graphiccard a few times to test another one and finally installed my old one back in. After I restarted my Computer all rear audio jacks as well as the front audio jacks stopped working. I can safely say, that it is not an issue with my Speakers.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio drivers numerous times, everytime getting different results. Sometimes the Speakers are not visible at all on the choose audio output screen and sometimes they are, but they never seem to work. My Headset( Connected via USB) and my Monitor speakers( Connected via Dvi to HDMI Cable) work fine. There is also at all times the Realtek Digital Output listed, which I don't know the use of.

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working [​IMG]

Inside the Realtek Audio Manager i can only choose options for the digital Output. When i chose to disable the front jack recognition inside the Manager the speakers would show up, but the test sound didnt give any sound whatsoever. However when plugging in headphones to the front green jack, the speakers started a deep humming sound. I could even control the volume of this sound with my computer volumesettings.

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working [​IMG]

Here the front jacks arent visible because i disabled them, without any progress, in the bios.

I also had a look at the cables connecting the front jacks with the mothereboard and made sure there was no loose contact. The speakers are connected to the green audio jack. The volume on both the speakers and the pc is turned on. Before the change everything was working fine.

Is there any way, without buying a soundcard, that can fix my issue?

Mast342, Aug 24, 2019
  3. My audio jack randomly stopped working

*O.T.> Audio Jack

My audio jack randomly stopped working a while back there nothing wrong with the headphones I use I never dropped it in water or had anything liquid near it and its a real headache when my ear phones are in but the sound come out of the built in speaker
    of the computer I have n Acer computer not sure what model and this is way before the windows 10 update

ShaimanWilliams, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

My Audio jack is not working

Hi,

Follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Method 1:

Run built in Audio Device troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Playing Audio” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works

Method 2:

Try updating the drivers and check if it helps

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the “'Audio inputs and outputs'”.

c). Right click on the “High Definition Audio Device” and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed.

If there are no update available, download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the system by uninstalling the current driver. You can uninstall the driver by following the same steps, and select ‘Uninstall’, instead of selecting the
    “Update Driver Software” from the menu.

refer to the suggestion by Vipin from the following link and check.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/foru...

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

1. Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Computer's Audio Jacks

2. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  3. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  4. Front Audio Jack not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front Audio Jack not working: after installing window 10 to my hp prodesk 600 G1 SFF, front audio jacks are not working for any of my headphones. tried installing drivers from HP site and also from realtek site but no luck. if anyone have the solution then please let me know...
  5. Audio jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio jack not working properly: I've got an HP laptop and Bigben headphones. When I plug them in, or any other device, the sound is not working. However, when I change the spatial sound setting, it starts to work. But only until i change the game I'm playing or watch a different youtube video, then it stops...
  6. Audio jacks not working at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio jacks not working at all: Hi, for a while now my pcs front panel audio jacks havent worked but i’ve used the back panel audio jacks to avoid this However, now after i got the blue screen of death , my pc is completely fine aside from the fact none of the audio jacks work (tried with multiple devices)...
  7. Front audio jacks not working

Front audio jacks not working: Hello, I'm user of Windows 10 OS and i have problems with front audio jacks. I know it is pretty common problem that is asked, but all the tutorials and every solution i found on forums didn't work. Since they all require Realtek. It is not that I do not like Realtek but...
  8. Audio jack stopped working after latest update

Audio jack stopped working after latest update: The latest update the one that introduces a new version of edge and that was forced on me against my will on 26 August 2020 has stopped my audio jack from functioning correctly. The audio jack can no longer recognise devices headphones, headsets, speakers, microphones, etc....
  9. Audio Jack Not Working

Audio Jack Not Working: My audio jack has stopped detecting anything being plugged into it. I've tried four sets of earbuds, all working on my phone, and every time audio still comes out of my laptop speakers instead. I've tried to do everything I could find to fix it and nothing has worked. My...
  10. After 1903 update audio jack stop working.

After 1903 update audio jack stop working.: I have updated windows 1903, now audio jack doesn't work. If you put headphones and then restart my laptop, it start working in next boot. And after that if I remove headphones and re-plug it stop working. Speakers working fine, I have update all drivers, removed audio...