Windows 10: Computers can't see each other on workgroup

Discus and support Computers can't see each other on workgroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently added both laptops to a workgroup as suggested here to enable file sharing and it worked perfectly. Then suddenly today 1 of the computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bartjunited, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Computers can't see each other on workgroup

Recently added both laptops to a workgroup as suggested here to enable file sharing and it worked perfectly.

Then suddenly today 1 of the computers can't see the other one.

Laptop 1 can't see laptop 2
    1 did have a Pin as security while 2 had a password.

I've changed 1 to a Password too as suggested in another thread but this didn't work.

Any ideas.

Thanks Bart

:)

bartjunited, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 14, 2018
  3. In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Computers can't see each other on workgroup

Workgroup Computers are displayed as Media Devices

I have several Win10 computers on a "WORKGROUP" network. Network location is set to private on all machines with network discovery and file and printer sharing activated. Two computers are listed as workgroup computers and two as media devices. What do I have to do in order to get the media devices to show up as workgroup computers?

MisterD2016, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Computers can't see each other on workgroup

1. Computers can't see each other on workgroup - Similar Threads - Computers can't each

2. Why can't networked computers see each other?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't networked computers see each other?: I have two machines connected through an ethernet switch which is hooked to my home router. But each machine does not appear in the network folder of the other. Any idea why? Thanks. submitted by /u/HiawathaBray [link] [comments]...
  3. I can't see other Pc's in my workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see other Pc's in my workgroup: I worder if there is a service which isn't running on my Pc because I can't see my streaming unit or any other Pc's in my workgroup. The Pc is new and on my laptop I can see the units in my workgroup but not on this Pc. I have compared the two Pc's sharing configuration and I...
  4. Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Two computer on network can't see each other anymore: Updated second of two computers on same network to Update 1903. Now both are running 1903. Neither computer can see each other when Network is clicked in Explorer. One does see Media device on other computer only. This happened when I ran 1903 update a couple days ago on...
  5. Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?: Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-see-other-workgroup-computers-in/9ed3297c-4660-4a7d-b237-079eaa692ae2
  6. Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803

Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803: I've never used Homegroup but my two boxes always saw each other and shared files just fine. I have some networked TV tuners and 2 NAS's and they are seen with no problem but the two computers don't share at all. I've tried sharing only certain folders or files with no luck....
  7. Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10

Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10: Hi all, I'm finding Windows 10 enjoyable and pleasant for the most part. Unfortunately, some things that are easy to find or to do (probably due to years of experience) in Windows 7 and 8/8.1 are not easy to find, assuming they exist at all, in Windows 10 build 10130....
  8. Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other

Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other: My 4 machine workgroup network, 2 XP and 2 Win 10 machines, was functioning fairly well until the recent "Creator" upgrade. Now the XP machines can no longer see the 10 machines and the 10 machines can't see the XP machines. The machines of the other OS are not listed. Would...
  9. Another can't see other shares in Workgroup thread.

Another can't see other shares in Workgroup thread.: Ever since the Win10 1709 update, my network has gone off the rails. I'm hoping you folks can help me get it back. I have three computers connected through a router. An office computer, shop computer and a laptop. The office and shop are hard wired and the laptop is...
  10. Cannot see other computers in workgroup

Cannot see other computers in workgroup: I have a home network defined by workgroup (not homegroup). Three computers are Windows 10 (vers 1703) and one is Windows Vista. One of the Windows 10 computers can not see any of the other network computers. Nor can it see any of the network devices (including the network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. let two pc see each other on workgroup network

2. workgroup can not see eachother

3. windows10 workgroup not ll machines see ech other

4. cant see all workgroup computers,
  5. Cannot see other computers in workgroup,
  6. cannot find workgorup computers,
  7. cant see other workgroup computers on the network,
  8. computers on workgroup,
  9. computers cant see each other on network,
  10. cannot see computers on my workgroup,
  11. cant see other computer in workgroup,