Windows 10: Computers do not download WSUS updates

Discus and support Computers do not download WSUS updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Implement in the network of my work the role of wsus in server 2019, I made the configuration as it should be in the wsus console, policies by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by israel starlincuevas diaz, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Computers do not download WSUS updates

Hi,

Implement in the network of my work the role of wsus in server 2019, I made the configuration as it should be in the wsus console, policies by GPO, 2 groups one of machine and another of servers, the PCs communicate with wsus and it records everything perfect, but when looking for updates it cannot download them from wsus, I give it to look for updates and it says that my pc is updated, but when I click on the link to check for updates directly in windows update if updates come out, I happens on all machines.

:)

israel starlincuevas diaz, Mar 13, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

The WSUS support thread

This thread is for all things WSUS (Windows Server Update Services). Discussion, installation questions, problems all go here.

What is WSUS? It's basically a big file cache for all your Windows/Microsoft updates, so all your updates are only ever downloaded over the internet once. Instead of getting your updates directly from Microsoft whenever you reinstall your operating system, you point Windows to your local WSUS server instead. This makes downloading the multi-gigabytes of updates way faster using your internal network and also saves your internet bandwidth, which is often metered and limited.

Note that it requires Windows Server to run. I recommend running the latest Server 2008 R2 for performance, stability and security, if you can. This is a 64-bit only OS. And yes, the server can update from it's own WSUS server too. *Cool Computers do not download WSUS updates :cool:

I've got links to a few resources below and I'll be adding more goodness to this post and the next one, as people make useful contributions to this thread.

Some WSUS resources to get you started:

The manual: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939796(WS.10).aspx

WSUS home: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/default.aspx

WSUS forum: Technet forums - WSUS

WSUS wiki: www.wsuswiki.com

POINTING WINDOWS TO THE WSUS SERVER

Note that this procedure is all you have to do on Vista and 7. XP requires a little extra and the whole update process isn't as transparent or efficient.

- Click the Orb at the bottom left of the desktop aka 'Start' button
    - In the search field enter GPEDIT.MSC
    - In the Local Group Policy Editor (LGPE) console that appears, navigate to: Computer configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
    - Double click the Specify Intranet Microsoft update service location Group Policy setting. Note that Not Configured is showing in the State column

Computers do not download WSUS updates WSUSsetup01.png

- The dialog box opens. Note that the Not Configured radio button is selected

Computers do not download WSUS updates WSUSsetup02.png

- Enter the server details, by clicking the Enabled radio button and entering the same details in both Options fields. The server's name is the standard Windows name. My server is called afterburner *Smile Computers do not download WSUS updates :)

Computers do not download WSUS updates WSUSsetup03.png

- Click OK. The main LGPE window now looks like below. Note that Enabled is now showing in the State column.

Computers do not download WSUS updates WSUSsetup04.png

- Close the LGPE window

- Open the Windows Update window. It should now show You receive updates: Managed by your system administrator

Computers do not download WSUS updates WSUSsetup05.png

Now, whenever you check for updates, Windows will access your WSUS server instead of looking over the internet to Microsoft's servers.
    If you want to change it back at an time, simply change the Group Policy setting back to Not Configured.

qubit, Mar 13, 2020
  3. sy5tem Win User
    The WSUS support thread

well i installed WSUS on a virtual machine on my home pc for testing ... pretty strait forward only thing is that the SQL server goes crazy on memory while synchronizing and updating ... mine went up to 8GB i don't know if it does this on first time only ? will see with usage...
    i installed 2008 on 1 VHD and i install all the update on another VHD that i can resize if needed, for now WSUS is telling me that it as downloaded 80MB of 69GB "on install i choose ALL windows flavour .."

sy5tem, Mar 13, 2020
  4. sy5tem Win User

Computers do not download WSUS updates

The WSUS support thread

update on my install, i ad everything working inside a VM with 2 disk , when i moved it to the local vm machine WSUS would not work anymore , something do to with database error, sadly have not found a way to tell WSUS where the database is ....
    on the new machine its still in the root of d:\ this as not changed so i don't know why WSUS can't connect to his database *Frown Computers do not download WSUS updates :(

sy5tem, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Computers do not download WSUS updates

1. Computers do not download WSUS updates - Similar Threads - Computers download WSUS

2. WSUS and Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS and Definition Updates: In an environment that uses an application such as Citrix or Horizon and the machines are temporary and therefore do not auto patch through WSUS base image is patched on a regular basis but Defender updates are needed is the proper configuration within WSUS to auto approve...
  3. WSUS not downloading updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS not downloading updates: Hello. Upgrading WSUS server from 2012 to 2019. Everything seems to be working correctly but it when trying to download approved updates, the download fails. We checked firewalls, settings, etc..thoughts? Thanks in advance.....
  4. WSUS not downloading updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS not downloading updates: Hello. Upgrading WSUS server from 2012 to 2019. Everything seems to be working correctly but it when trying to download approved updates, the download fails. We checked firewalls, settings, etc..thoughts? Thanks in advance.....
  5. WSUS not downloading updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My WSUS-managed computers are all downloading 20H2 but are not installing it

My WSUS-managed computers are all downloading 20H2 but are not installing it: For the record, this is not an issue where the install is failing. There is no install at all. There is no error. The computers are simply downloading the update, and then it just sits there and does nothing. I can see in WSUS that the update has downloaded. It shows...
  7. update downloaded with WSUS server but not install

in Windows 10 Customization
    update downloaded with WSUS server but not install: Hi I have a problem With WSUS server I approve Updates for Client Clients download updates but not automatic installing them What should I do to get clients to automatically install updates? [ATTACH]...
  8. Updates from WSUS failing to download to clients

Updates from WSUS failing to download to clients: Hi all, I'm having issues with WSUS where clients are failing to download updates from the WSUS server. I'm not sure why because WSUS is set up correctly. [ATTACH] If I take one computer for example: It is currently running Windows 10 Pro 10.0 18362/1903 and I'm trying...
  9. Approved Updates in WSUS downloading but not installing or Rebooting on Endpoints

Approved Updates in WSUS downloading but not installing or Rebooting on Endpoints: Does anyone know a reason why the approved updates for Windows 10 and Office 365, from the WSUS server, would download but not install or reboot on any of the endpoints with the following GPO settings? Thanks,...
  10. WSUS SERVER failed to download on client

WSUS SERVER failed to download on client: 019-08-29 03:34:49:357 836 23ac Misc = Process: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe 2019-08-29 03:34:49:357 836 23ac Misc = Module: c:\windows\system32\wuaueng.dll 2019-08-29 03:34:49:325 836 23ac Service ************* 2019-08-29 03:34:49:357 836 23ac Service ** START **...