Windows 10: Computers fail to resume from hibernate Fast Startup due to chipset

Discus and support Computers fail to resume from hibernate Fast Startup due to chipset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP8300MT desktop and Medion Akoya 99095 laptop fail to resume from hibernate Fast Startup after upgrade or clean install Win10 v1909 Worked well in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nouschcat, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Nouschcat Win User

Computers fail to resume from hibernate Fast Startup due to chipset

HP8300MT desktop and Medion Akoya 99095 laptop fail to resume from hibernate Fast Startup after upgrade or clean install Win10 v1909

Worked well in Win10 v1709.

Both computers have a Intel Panther Point HM77, Intel Ivy Bridge chipset.

Both use a SSD cache drive in RAID controlled bij Intel RST, working properly
    After Fast Startup is disabled, or with shutdown -s command no more startup problems.

Fix is appreciated

:)

Nouschcat, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Hale_ru Win User

WIN10 "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000411" July 2018 Fast Startup related

About a week ago my Windows 10 stopped waking up from hibernation. I do not use sleep, and hybrid sleep by many reasons, but hibernation never failed me before.

The log error is as follows: "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000411."

That's all. Every time instead of resuming my workspace I get a cold boot without any error notification, ecept this record in the system log, and another record telling me that the last shutdown was unexpected (which in natural, because Hibernation dump
    with all its open handles was not loaded back)

It looks, like some update happened prior to this issue, but in Windows10 Microsoft hides update process from user, so I can not tell which update exactly, and when exactly. Somewhere in July 2018.

I tried "powercfg.exe /h on" and "off", cleaning, checking, and "defragmenting"(full trim) my SSD.

I tried resetting and then rewriting secure boot signatures in bios. (boot is UEFI, with secure option)

Nothing helps to solve the problem. But there's what I found out:

(Now read carefully, Mr. Microsoft robot, and avoid of canned answers)

The new thing here, making it different from other hibernation problems, like in Windows 7:

The problem is related to "Fast startup feature".

When I turn off "Fast startup feature", wakeup from hibernation works again.

When I turn it on, wakeup from hibernation fails.

Well, turning off the "Fast startup" is kind of workaround, but definitely not a solution.

Hale_ru, Feb 10, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 fails to resume from hibernation

Hello,

Failing to resume from Hibernate in Windows 10 may be caused by an outdated driver or operating system component or that an application is causing the resume from Hibernate to fail. For us to isolate the issue in failing to resume from Hibernate, kindly
    respond to the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue? If yes, what are they?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your device?
    • Have you checked if Windows 10 is updated? Go to Settings >
      Update & security
      > Check for updates.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Hale_ru Win User

WIN10 "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000411" July 2018 Fast Startup related

Dear Malik.

As I told you in the first post, I have already made the actions mentioned in that post. And I particularly asked to read the second part for better understanding.

Hibernate was working before. And it works now, but with Fast Startup disabled. Definitely, bios in this case is not a problem.

Problem is a conflict of "Hibernate" and "Fast Startup" windows features, which has revealed just one week ago. And I would like to know, why could this happen, and how this conflict can be corrected? First of all, Fast Startup should not be activated when
    going to or resuming from Hibernate. Why does it have such blocking effect? Maybe there is some registry configuration restore method?

I tried standard Windows Power and Hibernate troubleshooter. But all it did was changing timer and re-enabling sleep mode, intentionally disabled by me. It did not fix the "Hibernate" and "Fast Startup" conflict issue.

Hale_ru, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Computers fail to resume from hibernate Fast Startup due to chipset - Similar Threads - Computers fail resume

2. BugCheck resuming from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BugCheck resuming from Hibernate: Hi, Everyday when I stop working, I put my computer in hibernate mode. Next morning when I turn on the PC, it simply don't resume correctly from hibernate mode. It doesn't show anything, but, checking the Event Viewer I have identified an event like this: Log Name:...
  3. Resume from Hibernate Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Hibernate Issue: Hello, I normally use Hibernate when machine is not needed for extended periods. Previously, machine would start at the same place where I left it, including all programs open etc. Now, with 1909 and maybe even a prior version, I noticed that all open programs are now...
  4. Computers fail to resume from hibernate (Fast Startup) due to chipset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computers fail to resume from hibernate (Fast Startup) due to chipset: HP8300MT desktop and Medion Akoya 99095 laptop fail to resume from hibernate (Fast Startup) after upgrade or clean install Win10 v1909 Worked well in Win10 v1709. Both computers have a Intel Panther Point HM77, Intel Ivy Bridge chipset. Both use a SSD cache drive in RAID...
  5. Windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221

Windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221: I apologize if this is not the correct area for this thread. [img] For some reason my pc is crashing after coming out of hibernation. Im not entirely sure what is triggering it to actually crash, it will happen when browsing the internet most of the time. Anyone have some...
  6. windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221

windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221: For some reason my pc is crashing after coming out of hibernation. Im not entirely sure what is triggering it to actually crash, it will happen when browsing the internet most of the time. Anyone have some suggestions for these particular errors its throwing? The first crash...
  7. windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221

windows failed to resume from hibernate 0xc0000221: Hello I'm having an issue where everytime my pc comes out of hibernation, it will freeze while doing simple tasks. After restarting I noticed it says windows has encountered a problem and was not shut down properly (due to having to restart it after being flocked up). I have...
  8. Failed fast startup

Failed fast startup: Hi, I have been facing this issue for a while now. While fast startup is enabled, my laptop has very rarely fast startup, and when checking the events viewer, it would always state the following: error) Event 29, Kernel boot: Windows failed fast startup with error status...
  9. Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!: Hello Guys, I've Configured my Desktop Server to accept WOL packets, Every thing works fine and it wakes from shutdown with no problems over lan. Ok my main problem is that if i tried to hibernate the machine , th machine turns off and after 2 seconds it resumes...
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...