Windows 10: Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home.

Discus and support Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I recently upgraded the 3 machines on my home network to windows 10 home. I am having frustrating issues with the network at the moment and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrMcGiblets, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home.

Hello

I recently upgraded the 3 machines on my home network to windows 10 home. I am having frustrating issues with the network at the moment and would appreciate any help available.

Currently when I open up "this PC" and click on network, only one of the 3 computers shows up, and this machine is not the local machine on 2 of them. However If I type in the UNC address for the other machines I can access them.

If I set up a home group all the computers show up in the home group roll out under "this PC" but still not in the network.

Something else that is strange. If I look at "network and sharing center" two of the the computer see one private network name and the other one sees a different name.

I did not have any of these issues with windows 7 prior to upgrade. The exact same hardware (PC's, router, ect.) functioned correctly. all of the PC's are hard wired to the router so any WiFi issues can be ruled out.

Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

MrMcGiblets, Dec 1, 2015
  2. Alex_703 Win User

Network computers not showing up in File Explorer ?

Okay thanks. It works now.

Just had to select of the SMB options and reset network and firewall setting to default.

Alex_703, Dec 1, 2015
  3. Alex_703 Win User
    Network computers not showing up in File Explorer ?

My network NAS drives are not showing up in File explorer computer section.

Problem has happened before on tablets running Win-10-Pro

Not since the last update I can not longer see the Computer icons in file explorer.

See Photo

I can access my NAS drives via web browser but not via file explorer.

Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home. [​IMG]

Alex_703, Dec 1, 2015
  4. merkelck Win User

Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home.

This gets so time consuming, that I hate to even get started but I have a similar problem. I actually think that some update to win 10 caused this issue but can't verify it. I have 2 desktops and 2 laptops on the network. One desktop and one notebook were upgraded to win 10 about a month ago. Everything was fine then. Since three days ago, the notebook does not show up on the other computers at all including itself. This is under "network" on file explorer. On the notebook under HOMEGROUP , it shows a mixture of username and computer names but never the same thing twice. The WIn 10 desktop shows the same mixture under Homegroup, but shows everything under NETWORK but the notebook. The note book has become the hidden device on all four computers in the house. The frustrating things is that tomorrow, these results will all be different. So far the required shared folders and printers work as advertised, even though the names don't show up !!!!
    What's a mother to do????

merkelck, Dec 1, 2015
  5. KRL
    KRL Win User
    People need to quick scan the TITLES of the posts at least on the first page list before posting their problem to see if a thread has already been started.

We've got a ton of posts started all with the same issue. Can the Mods mention this to new users?

6. KRL,

I did scan the forums for similar posts. In fact the way I found the tenforums.com was searching google for a resolution to this problem. I have tried all of the other solutions I have seen in other threads on this site. They have not solved the issue. I also noticed that in the other threads most people are trouble shooting Windows 10 Professional. While I am sure the problem exists between both versions, I and many others are using Windows 10 Home.

Thank you for your input.

MrMcGiblets, Dec 4, 2015
  7. linw Win User
    Agree. It gets tiresome repeating stuff over and over again, especially as it is generally acknowledged that we can't fix this one ourselves.

linw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home.

1. Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home. - Similar Threads - Computers network showing

2. Devices / Computers not showing up in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices / Computers not showing up in Network: For some reason I can't see any computers on the network anymore, not even my own PC. It used to work just fine, but now nothing is showing up inside the Network 0 items and I didn't changed anything at all I didn't installed any new program, didn't update/remove any...
  3. Networked computer not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computer not showing up: I've just installed Win10 on a small networked computer ethernet, which previously had Win7 on it. I access it most frequently from my desktop computer, also connected via ethernet. I have set up sharing on this computer, and can see, access, and write to folders on it, on...
  4. Home network computers not showing

Home network computers not showing: I am having the same problem as loads of other people and have tried all the various methods to sort it. I have set the Services to automatic -I have turned on SMB - checked every setting that all the variuos help pages suggest and it stiil doesn't work. I have a desktop...
  5. Home Network Not Working Correctly

Home Network Not Working Correctly: Hi I recently upgraded one of my two networked computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Prior to this both computers run Windows 7 and the Network worked fine. The internet continues to connect on both computers. Computer 1 = DESKTOP-EPOU586 Computer 2 = HP_ELITE...
  6. New computer no longer showing up on home network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New computer no longer showing up on home network: I had the same problem as this guy: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dhn601/cant_get_network_set_up_for_file_and_printer/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf I followed the instructions from u/JJisTheDarkOne & now my shared computer/drive is no...
  7. Laptop does not show computers on home network

Laptop does not show computers on home network: Laptop does not show computers on home network. Finely broke down upgraded from W-7 pro to W-10 pro version 1909. Have two desk tops using Ethernet cables and two lap tops using WiFi using a router all on home network. All work great for a number years using W-7. One of the...
  8. Home Network Computers Not Showing Up

Home Network Computers Not Showing Up: I have my laptop and PC connected to the same network for file sharing, however my PC refuses to show up the network even when opening the network tab from the PC itself, even though it does show the laptop. While trying to fix this problem, someone recommended doing a...
  9. Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.

Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.: I suddenly have an issue with no computers showing up on the network on one of my computers which us connected via ethernet. A second computer on the ethernet lists all computers but cannot access the first one and a third on wifi lists the first ethernet computer. All...
  10. Computers not showing up on network

Computers not showing up on network: I have a network of 5 computers- are on Private Networks, but 4 computers recognize 4 computers but not the 5th, while the 5th computer recognizes all 5 computers. I can't map any network drive to 5th since it isn't recognized on the list. Also, don't know if this matters,...