Windows 10: Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10

Discus and support Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computers no longer connect I have a small home network with a desktop (primary) computer and a laptop computer. Both use MS Windows 10 with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Swanson28S, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10

My computers no longer connect

I have a small home network with a desktop (primary) computer and a laptop computer. Both use MS Windows 10 with the most current updates. Prior to the last couple of updates my two computers recognized each other and connect via the network. The primary computer is/was connected via LAN. The laptop was connected by wireless.

From my primary computer a check of the network via Settings and File Explorer do not show the laptop. From my laptop File Explorer show the primary computer but shows that it is not connected. Both computers can access network printers and other devices.

Any idea what I can do to get the two computers talking to each other again on the network?

:)

Swanson28S, Dec 1, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10 [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10 [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10

Network Connectivity

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

In order for us to find out what causes your computer not to connect to the Internet, we would like to gather more information:

• Which apps are unable to connect to the internet?
    • Have you tried to connect to the internet using Internet Explorer?
    • Are there any software or hardware changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are there any recent updates installed to your computer?
    • How are you trying to connect to the Internet? Wi-Fi/LAN
    • Are there any third party anti-virus installed on your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest you follow the steps provided on the link below

Regards.

JericDale Ort, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10

1. Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computers longer connect

2. Laptop no longer connects to My Home Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop no longer connects to My Home Network: Hello, I have a laptop that is about 3 years old, pretty infrequently used. It worked fine when I first got it and now it cannot connect to my Spectrum router no matter what I try. All of my other devices are working fine, the laptop can connect to my phone via a hotspot with...
  3. Laptop no longer connects to My Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop no longer connects to My Home Network: Hello, I have a laptop that is about 3 years old, pretty infrequently used. It worked fine when I first got it and now it cannot connect to my Spectrum router no matter what I try. All of my other devices are working fine, the laptop can connect to my phone via a hotspot with...
  4. Laptop no longer connects to My Home Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Home Network - computers won't connect

Home Network - computers won't connect: Since the Win 10 update to 20H2, my 2 Win 10 computers won't file share. In other words I see them in Windows explorer but when I try to access them I get the error I do not have permission to access the folders and C drive on DANNY-PC. The other says can't access DANNY-PC-2...
  6. Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity: First, I'm relatively naive with computers in general but can follow instructions. So please, patience and thank you. I have a desktop computer that runs on windows 10, latest updates installed. This particular desktop is relatively older but holds many of my hard drives for...
  7. New computer no longer showing up on home network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New computer no longer showing up on home network: I had the same problem as this guy: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dhn601/cant_get_network_set_up_for_file_and_printer/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf I followed the instructions from u/JJisTheDarkOne & now my shared computer/drive is no...
  8. Windows 10 Home Network Connectivity

Windows 10 Home Network Connectivity: Hi, I run 2 P.C.'s and 1 Laptop on my home network. Since a couple of Win 10 upgrades ago my Home Sharing has stopped working. I've tried to access allowable files in the Documents Folder on my other machines, but my Network Folder, in the left hand Folder List Pane in...
  9. Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect.

Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect.: Home Network Desktop and Laptop no longer able to connect. My desktop is a Dell Inspiron x64 running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 on local LAN connected via Broadband Internet Access. The computer has been formatted into two drives. My laptop is also a Dell...
  10. Laptop no longer connects to other computers on home network

Laptop no longer connects to other computers on home network: We have 2 desktops and one laptop all running windows 10. I had to do a Windows reset on the laptop a few days ago after installing Malawarebytes 3 trial version. Since then, I haven’t been able to connect the laptop to either of the PC’s, or the PC’s to the laptop. The PC’s...