Windows 10: Computers not showing in explorer

Discus and support Computers not showing in explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 PC systems, 2 laptops and 1 desktop. They all run Windows 10 v1909. I have issues with them all showing in each other network explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chumley06, May 28, 2020.

1. Chumley06 Win User

Computers not showing in explorer

I have 3 PC systems, 2 laptops and 1 desktop. They all run Windows 10 v1909.

I have issues with them all showing in each other network explorer window.

Laptop 1 can see all 3 systems, and also it sees the router as a PC as well. It also sees all the multi function devices normally.

The Laptop 2 can see itself and the desktop, and again the multi function devices. It however shows the router as a multimedia device.

Desktop can see Laptop 2 but not laptop 1, and again the same with multi function devices and router.

I have search on the internet, and found loads of potential solutions, none work. I already check the function discovery services are started, and other as noted by a posted solution. Sharing options are all set exactly the same on all systems. They are all on a private network, and under the same workgroup. I have double checked everythig I can think of, and all systems sharing settings and services are set identically.

Oddly enough, on all systems, I can ping them by IP and device name absolutely fine. I can also connect to them by entering the address in the explorer address bar as \\Device Name\ and all shared resources show normally. Its just they PCs refuse to show up in the network explorer window.

I have tried everything I can think off, even enabling SMB V1.

Its just a faff, and i like things to just 'work', but I think i am resigned to the fact windows networking out of a Domain environment is just not very good and a bit buggy. I may just have to resort to typing the hostname in the address bar if I want to connect....

As a thought, and not sure if it makes any odds, the Laptop and Desktop that just see each other, and not Laptop 1, are all clean installs of V1903, upgraded to 1909 via disk. Laptop 1 is a much older windows 7 system, upgraded to 10 V1607 and incrementally to the other versions via either disk or windows update. Could it be just corrupt OS components causing Laptop 1 not to be seen by other systems, even thought it can see them all.....

:)

Chumley06, May 28, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Computers not showing in explorer partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, May 28, 2020
  3. GeorgeD55 Win User
    ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers
    in its network list. This worked a couple weeks ago before a windows 10 update was done on both computers. I've tried just about everything with no luck. What could be the problem?

GeorgeD55, May 28, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Computers not showing in explorer - Similar Threads - Computers showing explorer

2. Windows 11 File Explorer Does not show other computers anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Does not show other computers anymore: Please see the screenshot below, which is from my Windows 10 machine. This view of other computers no longer shows on my Windows 11 machine. Nothing changed, all of the sudden, I cannot access other computers from my Windows 11 machine. Grateful for any suggestions....
  3. Computers no longer show in file explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computers no longer show in file explorer: My computers no longer show in the file explorer when you click on the greater than symbole in front of network to show all computers. I have a home network with 3 Laptops 2 on cat6 1 on WIFI,3 Desktops all on cat6, 2 Smart TVs not on network yet.ALL systems are running...
  4. Explorer not showing thumbnails.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer not showing thumbnails.: Recently I noticed Windows 10 Explorer was becoming very slow. I followed some online advice to try and rectify this stupid of me - should have come here first. Now many thumbnails are not showing in Explorer. I would really appreciate any help....
  5. HDD not showing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not showing in Explorer: Hello, I have an old laptop that doesn't have Windows on it. I wanted to put Windows on it by making a Bootable USB, but that didn't work. Then I tried to put Windows on the HDD of my old laptop with a SATA / USB cable and I have a problem with this. My new laptop is not...
  6. Phone not showing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phone not showing in Explorer: Hello there, this is one of those “but it worked yesterday” things. I usually connect my phone, a Meizu M6 Note, via USB. In Explorer, it used to show the phone’s brand name, but for the last six to nine months, it’s just been called ‘MTP USB Device’. Not a big deal, I...
  7. shared computer is not showing in file explorer

shared computer is not showing in file explorer: Hi, I am trying to set up a file sharing system between two windows 10 computers, one is a desktop and the other is a laptop. I have partially succeeded because the laptop can see the desktop and itself in 'network' in file explorer however, the desktop cannot view the...
  8. ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list: My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers in its network list....
  9. Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer

Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer: Installed a new modem/router combo, now none of the local network computers show up under Network in Files Explorer. I have a Pro tablet, a laptop, and 2 desktops on the home network. I am "guessing" it has to do with some modem setting, not a clue where to start looking....
  10. Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10: Hi, i hope i m not posting in the wrong category but since i have updated to Windows 10, 2 days ago i have been having problems, first it was the BSOD with the message "Internal Power Error" and i have since fixed that by updating my AMD drivers but now whenever i open...