Windows 10: Computers not visible on private network when on wireless connection.

Discus and support Computers not visible on private network when on wireless connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a windows tablet and laptop connected to my BT Home Hub 5 using only wireless. My Windows 10 computer shows no other computers on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WENZU5, Jan 13, 2019.

1. WENZU5 Win User

Computers not visible on private network when on wireless connection.

Hi,

I have a windows tablet and laptop connected to my BT Home Hub 5 using only wireless.

My Windows 10 computer shows no other computers on the network when looking at explorer->Network.

However I can see the other computers when enabling wired LAN and disabling wireless.

All computers have network discovery enabled.

Is there a solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance for any help

:)

WENZU5, Jan 13, 2019

2. Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Jan 13, 2019
  3. New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??

Probably way off base, but, here are a couple things that sometimes bite people.
    • Is his network's "current profile" "Private"? Or to ask the same question from a different angle, is his computer "discoverable"?
    • Is NetBIOS over TCP/IP enabled?
    The message "Cannot connect to wireless network." sound like it's at a lower level than that, but it might be worth checking.

Your point #3 almost rules out a driver problem (unless there are two bad drivers) but it still might be worth checking. (Don't trust Windows to know if the driver is up to date .) Can you attach the computer to a wired network long enough to search for updates for the wireless adapter driver?

Oh. A gloss on my previous question: Does the computer communicate at when attached to a wired network? (It might not be a wireless problem at all.)

pokeefe0001, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Computers not visible on private network when on wireless connection.

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Computers not visible on private network when on wireless connection.

1. Computers not visible on private network when on wireless connection. - Similar Threads - Computers visible private

2. Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network: Computer 1 and Computer 2 are on the same Workgroup. There are No Windows Credentials on either Computer 1 or Computer 2. I am not getting the Enter Network Credentials windows anymore on either computer on trying to access the other computer from one computer. I have made...
  3. Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network: Computer 1 and Computer 2 are on the same Workgroup. There are No Windows Credentials on either Computer 1 or Computer 2. I am not getting the Enter Network Credentials windows anymore on either computer on trying to access the other computer from one computer. I have made...
  4. My shared printers are visible on the private network but none of my remote connections can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shared printers are visible on the private network but none of my remote connections can...: At the beginning of the month my computers updated and stopped connecting to each other. After resolving my initial errors by re-enabling file and printer sharing, I noticed my printers wouldn't connect. If I look in the file explorer and browse through the network to the...
  5. A computer on a private network not shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A computer on a private network not shown: I have two computers A and B on a private network using Ethernet.Computer A can access computer B, but B cannot access A.Computers both A and B use the following settings for the Private network in the "Advanced sharing settings" page.'Turn on network discovery' and 'Turn on...
  6. Computer connected to a wireless network doesn't appear on the network

Computer connected to a wireless network doesn't appear on the network: I had a wireless network, call it NW1, set up for sharing files between a desktop and a laptop, but something has gone wrong. The laptop shows it is connected to the network, and a file listing of "Network" shows the laptop with its "Network Location" shown as NW1, as...
  7. Wireless Network not visible

Wireless Network not visible: Hello, I have searched the community site and have not found this problem elsewhere. I work in an office with several people. For whatever reason, I cannot see the corporate wireless network in my list of available networks. This morning I was sitting in a conference...
  8. Private and Public Network Connections

Private and Public Network Connections: Hey everyone, just recently I reset my modem and router and my laptop. I have made sure that my home router is secure yet when I connect to it, if I go to settings it sets me as a public network. This is weird because when I got my laptop and connected, the computer...
  9. Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1: I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All...
  10. Private Network Connection

Private Network Connection: Why does my personal HP Windows 10 laptop show in Windows Defender Firewall that I am "Connected" to "Guest or public networks" even when I disconnect from my xfinity modem and "forget" my "known network" credentials? I can't figure out what I am "connected" to? [ATTACH]...