Windows 10: Computers not waking on LAN command

Discus and support Computers not waking on LAN command in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Small network, 14 Windows 10 21H2 computersSome will wake on Remote Connection or Wake-On-Lan command, others will not, unable to wake one even when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BobVitter, Nov 17, 2021.

1. BobVitter Win User

Computers not waking on LAN command

Small network, 14 Windows 10 21H2 computersSome will wake on Remote Connection or Wake-On-Lan command, others will not, unable to wake one even when it is being used by another userAll show NIC as wake armedHybrid Sleep offWake Timers enabledOCI Express Link State OffUSB Power setting EnabledMultimedia Allow Sleep PreventedNIC settings - Wake on Kagic Packet, Wake on Pattern Match, Link Speed 10MbpsNIC Power - Allow device to wake, Only allow magic packet to wakeBIOS is updatedBIOS Hibernation disabled - when an optionBIOS NIC Wake-On-Lan enabledBIOS Deep Sleep setting disabled - when an optio

:)

BobVitter, Nov 17, 2021

2. Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, Nov 17, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Nov 17, 2021
  4. Computers not waking on LAN command

Wake On Lan Question

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Just to clarify, you are unable to wake the computer up using the Wake on LAN tool, is that right?

You mentioned the "allow this device to wake the computer" option in device manager. Did you check that option and save the changes? If not, please do so and check again.

Also, refer the help article below for steps to configure Wake on Wireless LAN.

Click Here

For more in depth information and support regarding this issue, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet Forum. It will be
    better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

Computers not waking on LAN command

1. Computers not waking on LAN command - Similar Threads - Computers waking LAN

2. Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command: Hello, Wake on LAN only works after shutting off my pc using the power button on my pc or pressing shut down button in windows menu, but not after i use command "shutdown - s" in cmd, or any other app using commands to do this.I want to turn off my pc using Push2Run so i can...
  3. Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command: Hello, Wake on LAN only works after shutting off my pc using the power button on my pc or pressing shut down button in windows menu, but not after i use command "shutdown - s" in cmd, or any other app using commands to do this.I want to turn off my pc using Push2Run so i can...
  4. Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computers not waking on LAN command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computers not waking on LAN command: Small network, 14 Windows 10 21H2 computersSome will wake on Remote Connection or Wake-On-Lan command, others will not, unable to wake one even when it is being used by another userAll show NIC as wake armedHybrid Sleep offWake Timers enabledOCI Express Link State OffUSB...
  6. Computers not waking on LAN command

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computers not waking on LAN command: Small network, 14 Windows 10 21H2 computersSome will wake on Remote Connection or Wake-On-Lan command, others will not, unable to wake one even when it is being used by another userAll show NIC as wake armedHybrid Sleep offWake Timers enabledOCI Express Link State OffUSB...
  7. Wake on Lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on Lan: Hi everyone. I have a Chatreey AN1 AMD Ryzen R3 Mini PC with a Realtek NiC. Windows 10 is installed. I can't for the life of me get it to wake on LAN. There are no LEDs in the NIC when the device is off. Should there be blinking LEDs? I've updated the drivers, turned on...
  8. Wake on LAN ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake on LAN ???: What setting do I need to change when this WakeOnLAN ONLY works if the pc to be started via LAN is cut of from power ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-on-lan/7f39da08-e6f1-410a-afd8-0c598be75319
  9. Wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on LAN: I am trying to set Wake On LAN up. Specs are router Nighthawk R7000 motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING Not sure if other specs are needed? process Switched Power On By PCI-E/PCI on in the bios turned Wake on magic packet enabled Checked with wireshark that...
  10. Wake on Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake on Lan: Can't get computer to wake from master computer,worked perfect when windows 7 was on remote local computer? I'm I missing something in a setup. 42469