Windows 10: computers on home network do not display in file explorer

Discus and support computers on home network do not display in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; computers on home network do not display in file explorer. 2 win10 and 1 win7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by smelosa, Feb 23, 2019.

1. smelosa Win User

computers on home network do not display in file explorer

computers on home network do not display in file explorer. 2 win10 and 1 win7

:)

smelosa, Feb 23, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Feb 23, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Anyway to REFRESH the Network display in File explorer

Hi there

The Refresh DOES appear when you right mouse click in the space but the Network mappings aren't refreshed -- the cache still waits several minutes before the display of network computers are updated.

Thanks for all the help -- it seems that Network mapping isn't high on the list of File explorer attributes -- at least the map DOES refresh even though one has to wait a few minutes.

Would be nice though to be able to FORCE a manual refresh though. I suppose a problem could be that the NEW system coming online has to create connections to computers IT finds on the network. I can understand a delay for a system STARTING UP but a system shutting down should disappear instantly from the list !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 23, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. computers on home network do not display in file explorer - Similar Threads - computers home network

2. Windows 11 File Explorer 'Network' not displaying Ethernet connected computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer 'Network' not displaying Ethernet connected computers: I finally got my Ethernet LAN working. Win 11 PC connected to Win 10 PC -Printer and file sharing works from and to each PC There is a slight problem that I don't understand:File Explorer on the Win 10 PC shows 'Network' in the left Pane and lists the Names of the 2 connected...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer 'Network' not displaying Ethernet connected computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer 'Network' not displaying Ethernet connected computers: I finally got my Ethernet LAN working. Win 11 PC connected to Win 10 PC -Printer and file sharing works from and to each PC There is a slight problem that I don't understand:File Explorer on the Win 10 PC shows 'Network' in the left Pane and lists the Names of the 2 connected...
  4. At Home, 5 Computers, Using "Network" on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    At Home, 5 Computers, Using "Network" on File Explorer: I have 5 computers on my home router. All are wired to the router with a Ethernet cables. I open "Network" on file explorer, and the 3 Windows 7 computers all work reliably the way I expect. They show up as folders. I can view open, modify and save the files at will. The 2...
  5. Display identically named computers in a Home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display identically named computers in a Home network: Hi folks Is there any way to display identically named Windows computers on a Home network -- If I have 2 computers say named asgeir then only one appears in the network map even though both can logon and see other parts of the network. By computer name I'm referring to the...
  6. My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.

My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.: My computer's name (Office) does not appear in the local Network list. It does appear on other computer's (XPS-Club) Network list. Office is primary system in my profile. XPS-Club is second system in my profile. If I type \\Office in the Network Address bar, the name and...
  7. File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network

File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network: All my computers and laptops are on one network at home, and the network connections in each computer are all set to private with network discovery on and file and print sharing on. Sometimes one will show up, but most of the time none do. The computers are all on and awake...
  8. File Explorer will not display computers any couputers in Network.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer will not display computers any couputers in Network.: When I go into File Explorer, and click network it displays all my devices except computers in my network. The other computers in the network will display this computer. This is a recent problem (not sure when it started) It was displaying the computers before. I have tried...
  9. Anyway to REFRESH the Network display in File explorer

Anyway to REFRESH the Network display in File explorer: Hi there If I remove / close down two or 3 computers from my Lan together with the media servers is there any way I can refresh the network display on File explorer to show the CURRENTLY CONNECTED computers / servers. It will correct itself eventually (after a few...
  10. Network computers do not display

Network computers do not display: I have tried several web searches and have not found a solution that works. I am using Windows 10 and have 3 computers in the network group. I can manually enter the compute(s) name, "\\Robert Laptop", and see it, but I would prefer to have it automatically display. I would...