Windows 10: Computer's Screen goes black then locks

Discus and support Computer's Screen goes black then locks in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After working remote one day, my PC now after exactly 2 minutes goes to a black screen then locks. I have gone through multiple articals trying to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TrustyK, Jan 5, 2021.

1. TrustyK Win User

Computer's Screen goes black then locks

After working remote one day, my PC now after exactly 2 minutes goes to a black screen then locks. I have gone through multiple articals trying to fix this and this is what settings I have set right now:

• Power Plan Options:
      • Turn off the display: Never
      • Put the computer to sleep: Never

• Advanced Power Options:

Sleep after: Never

System unattended sleep timeout: 0

Turn off display after: Never

Console lock display off timeout: 0

• Lock Screen Settings:
      • Screen saver settings:
        • Wait: 20 mins
        • On resume, display logon screen: Checked This shouldn't matter since "wait" is set to 20 mins.

Even with all these setting set the way they are, my issue still persist. Do you all have any ideas?

:)

TrustyK, Jan 5, 2021

2. Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Computer's Screen goes black then locks

Locked System Restore - now stuck on black screen

I was attempting to fix another problem by rolling back to an earlier image by using system restore. After 24 hours I figured the machine was locked up, so I powered it off.

• I have been trying to power it back up using the Function F8 (Lenovo Ideapad 320 laptop). I see the Lenovo splash screen with a circular pattern of white dots. The computer finally goes to a black screen.
    • I have attempted to connect the computer via HDMI cable to my TV per some other suggestions.
    Any other suggestions?

DawnCrosier, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Computer's Screen goes black then locks

1. Computer's Screen goes black then locks - Similar Threads - Computer's Screen goes

2. Computer either freezes or goes to black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer either freezes or goes to black screen.: It started around 3-4 months ago. Either when i play games or when the computer is idle it makes no difference the computer either freezes without the option to even open task manager completely frozen or the screens seems to turn off they go black but the computer is still...
  3. Computer lags then screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lags then screen goes black: Recently I've been having this problem where every 10 seconds my PC likes will begin to lag and then will shut off video for about a second it is so awfully annoying and I would like a way to fix it. It is so horrible that I can barely do anything on my computer i dont know...
  4. Computer lags then screen goes black

Computer lags then screen goes black: Recently I've been having this problem where every 10 seconds my PC likes will begin to lag and then will shut off video for about a second it is so awfully annoying and I would like a way to fix it. It is so horrible that I can barely do anything on my computer i dont know...
  5. Computer lags then screen goes black

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Computer screen goes black during zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen goes black during zoom: When I am a participant in a zoom meeting and the host shares her screen , my computer screen goes entirely black. I cannot see the participants or what she is sharing. The other participants can see and hear me. When she stops sharing, my screen goes back to normal.But when...
  7. Computer screen goes black during zoom

Computer screen goes black during zoom: When I am a participant in a zoom meeting and the host shares her screen , my computer screen goes entirely black. I cannot see the participants or what she is sharing. The other participants can see and hear me. When she stops sharing, my screen goes back to normal.But when...
  8. Laptop randomly displays "Locking..." and screen goes black.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop randomly displays "Locking..." and screen goes black.: Happens often, every 30 minutes or so while gaming. All the power settings are set to never, and system integrity check didn't show anything. Virus scan didnt show anything either....
  9. Computer goes to a black screen randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer goes to a black screen randomly: My windows 10 pc randomly goes to a black screen on the monitor as if nothing is connected to it. Shortly there after I lose connect to the computer (discord and Spotify both stop) and then the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. Originally I thought it was a graphics card...
  10. screen saver goes to black screen and locks

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver goes to black screen and locks: I am having a problem setting a screen saver on my new Windows 10. When setting a screen saver and selecting "Preview" or setting a screen saver and having it go to it at the appropriate time limit, the screen saver displays properly. However, when hitting a key or mouse...