Windows 10: Computers showing weird symbols.

Discus and support Computers showing weird symbols. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Not sure what uptdate happend, but my 2 computers start showing this weird symbols on the numbers and it does affect all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErickVega3, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Computers showing weird symbols.

Split from this thread.​

Not sure what uptdate happend, but my 2 computers start showing this weird symbols on the numbers and it does affect all the documents. As well my key "t, y and backspace" stop working dont sure if was as a part of the uptdate or just coincidental. However the weird number stuff happend in both of my laptops. If someone knows what to do, I appreciate the help.

. Computers showing weird symbols. ea851a7b-c67e-4c37-86c6-094bbbc87188?upload=true.jpg

:)

ErickVega3, Jun 15, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Computers showing weird symbols. partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jun 15, 2020
  3. THX1138 Win User
    Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol

I have a bootable USB drive plugged into my PC and although it shows up in Disk Management, it doesn't show up in My Computer. Why does it have a weird symbol? It's the second drive in the list in Disk Management. Disk Management won't let me assign a drive letter, saying the list has to be refreshed, even though I just refreshed it.

Computers showing weird symbols. [​IMG]

THX1138, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Computers showing weird symbols.

Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Computers showing weird symbols.

1. Computers showing weird symbols. - Similar Threads - Computers showing weird

2. Weird symbol show up while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird symbol show up while typing: When im typing and pressing spacebar+w accidentally i get a weird window like this ,this started in may 2023 and im trying to find a solution since then.please tell me the solution,additional info:Windows 11 home 22h2lenovo ideapad slim 3i 15inch core i5...
  3. Weird symbol show up while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird symbol show up while typing: When im typing and pressing spacebar+w accidentally i get a weird window like this ,this started in may 2023 and im trying to find a solution since then.please tell me the solution,additional info:Windows 11 home 22h2lenovo ideapad slim 3i 15inch core i5...
  4. time " : " show as weird symbol pls help thank

time " : " show as weird symbol pls help thank: THIS IS MY TIME'S " :" SHOW THE WEIRD SYMBOL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-show-as-weird-symbol-pls-help-thank/c898a500-346b-4ddb-b6ca-b2559f3532e0
  5. time " : " show as weird symbol pls help thank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    time " : " show as weird symbol pls help thank: THIS IS MY TIME'S " :" SHOW THE WEIRD SYMBOL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-show-as-weird-symbol-pls-help-thank/c898a500-346b-4ddb-b6ca-b2559f3532e0
  6. time " : " show as weird symbol pls help thank

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Weird symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird symbol: [ATTACH] I started seeing this symbol in Chrome very often today. This appears for a split second when I press Shift, Ctrl, do a click or double click, and in some other situations. This is displayed in the upper left corner. tf is it?...
  8. My notepad text showing weird symbols and characters

My notepad text showing weird symbols and characters: Hi, Please can you help me, I suffered from a virus attack and my computer is no longer behaving properly! Microsoft Office won't open and I had some backups made by Macrium Reflect which look like they are corrupt and the icon of the backup has changed to notepad and when I...
  9. My note pad text showing weird symbols and characters

in Windows 10 Support
    My note pad text showing weird symbols and characters: Hi, Please can you help me, I suffered from a virus attack and my computer is no longer behaving properly! Microsoft Office won't open and I had some backups made by Macrium Reflect which look like they are corrupt and the icon of the backup has changed to notepad and when I...
  10. WordPad not showing text or opens with weird symbols

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad not showing text or opens with weird symbols: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you open a document in WordPad in Windows 10 and see a set of weird symbols aka garbage text, then it’s probably because of the corrupted WordPad settings. In this post, we will show you can fix WordPad when [...] This post WordPad not showing text or...