Windows 10: Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

Discus and support Computers shut down when entering sleep mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am experiencing problems with some of my customers the number of people affected just keeps growing and growing . When the computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nicole Novgorodsky, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

Hello,

I am experiencing problems with some of my customers the number of people affected just keeps growing and growing .

When the computers doesn't matter if it's a laptop or a PC enters sleep mode and some time passes - the computer shuts down.

We tried checking the sleep settings and setting it to 'Never', We tried to disable Hibernate mode and no use.

All the computers are updated to the max.

Anybody experiencing this problem?

Thank you,

Nicole

:)

Nicole Novgorodsky, Apr 13, 2021

2. computer shuts down in sleep mode

My computer is shutting down in sleep mode. I have contacted Microsoft 3 times and nothing is resolving this issue. We have tried system restore, changing power functions and they actually did a manual upgrade and it's still shutting down. I am
    concerned having to turn the computer back on is going to damage the life of the computer. Any other suggestions?

dale a.lorenz, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

After the latest update, computer is shutting down when in sleep mode - Windows 10

Hi Dylan

There are several options that you can check to further troubleshoot this issue about your
    computer shutting down when on Sleep mode. We suggest that you run the
    Power troubleshooter to see if there are problems with your Power settings. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshooting and click the
      first option.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Click on Power.
    Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

1. Computers shut down when entering sleep mode - Similar Threads - Computers shut down

2. Windows 11 Shutting Down Apps When Entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shutting Down Apps When Entering Sleep Mode: I am running into an issue with Windows 11 closing all open apps on my desktop when it tries to automatically enter sleep mode.I've tried all combinations of sleep options with hybrid sleep mode enabled v disabled, with sleep set to never and hibernate enabled and vice-versa,...
  3. Windows 11 Shutting Down Apps When Entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Shutting Down Apps When Entering Sleep Mode: I am running into an issue with Windows 11 closing all open apps on my desktop when it tries to automatically enter sleep mode.I've tried all combinations of sleep options with hybrid sleep mode enabled v disabled, with sleep set to never and hibernate enabled and vice-versa,...
  4. Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode: Hi all, Recently over the past few weeks my computer hasn't been able to enter sleep mode properly. I've got a bit of a strange PC build, which I'm sure is partly to blame, but seen as the problem is only fairly recent I'm not sure how to diagnose or begin to find out what's...
  5. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  6. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  7. Computer RANODMLY, INAPPROPRIATELY shut down when it went to SLEEP mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer RANODMLY, INAPPROPRIATELY shut down when it went to SLEEP mode: This is a very, very annoying thing that I currently face, as I almost always left things opened on the computer when I put it to sleep mode. I had tried reinstall Windows 10 on this computer, TWICE, but it's still here. It does not seemed to happen at a constant recurring...
  8. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.: I have tried following the troubleshooting steps online and nothing seems to be working. I have included an error code I get when it happens sometimes. Really apprecaite the assistance, Kilen[IMG]...
  9. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...
  10. System shuts down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...