Windows 10: Computers suddenly missing on network

Discus and support Computers suddenly missing on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Our home network has a desktop and 3 laptops. The 3 laptops all print through the network to the printer attached to the desktop. For some reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anparkinson, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Computers suddenly missing on network

Our home network has a desktop and 3 laptops. The 3 laptops all print through the network to the printer attached to the desktop.

For some reason only 1 of the laptops now shows in the desktop network folder. The other 2 have vanished and cannot see the desktop either so no printing. I have tried running both Homegroups and using names & passwords but no difference. I also have a server on the network and that has vanished.

I have checked the credentials and all passwords and names are correct.

I have removed Avast anti-virus and have Windows firewall set to default settings running with Defender.

Windows 10 is the latest version 1511 on all the PCs.

Any ideas?

:)

anparkinson, Jan 22, 2016

2. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

Windows Network Diagnostics Publisher details

Issues found

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. Not fixed Not Fixed

Restore network protocols to default settings Completed

Issues found Detection details

5 One or more network protocols are missing on this computer Not fixed Not Fixed

Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Restore network protocols to default settings Completed

One or more network settings are missing on this computer.

InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log

File Name: ED2497A2-703B-4EF3-9C38-4B5ED6FABBCF.Repair.Admin.0.etl

Detection details Expand

i stopped update my computer before, suddenly my computer automatically update . then my network cant use

what should i do?

Chung Yu Tang, Jan 22, 2016
  3. chuck_986 Win User
    Windows 10 Network Computers missing on some computers (9 networked together)

Found the solution yet brah ?

Updated 6 of my PCs in office to W10 CU (Production Builds) 15063.296 yesterday, did a clean fresh install on all PCs, all worked fine for 24 hours, now today I cannot see all the machines in the Network Hub, and can't access the shared files and drives, but
    the shared Program services (AutoCAD/Tally Licensing) and printer sharing works, but can't access other PCs drives and files manually. What gives?

Everything was working fine yesterday after update, suddenly file and folder sharing stopped ? The furk?

I have the same issue as well. I also did a fresh install of Windows 10 and the only workaround for this was to use the IP address and then it saw the share and was happy. Otherwise, I cannot get to any share using the computer name. I'm assuming something
    with DNS is involved here but that's just a shot in the dark. Hopefully MS will fix whatever this problem is and soon preferably before they put out a bunch of new "enhancements" in the fall Windows Creators update in October.

MS, if you're listening / reading this, please fix these network bugs before proceeding with any new features. P L E A S E........

See Anyone else notice the network issues with Windows 10 Creator's edition? to
    add hundreds of other individuals' voices that are having similar types of problems.

Thanks.

chuck_986, Jan 22, 2016
  4. Computers suddenly missing on network

I have the same problem. Disappearing computers on my network. Anyone have any suggestions?

Silver0066, Jan 22, 2016
  5. OldMX Win User
    Load regedit with admin rights and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters\ then double click on MaintainServerList and change the value from "Auto" to "No" and restart the computer, see if that helps, it helped me with the same issue.

OldMX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computers suddenly missing on network

1. Computers suddenly missing on network - Similar Threads - Computers suddenly missing

2. Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network: Hello, I got a very strange issue of missing devices connected to the network recently. I had a bunch of computers, NAS's and router-attached drive connected to a home network. They were all visible in the network list in file explore on each of my computers. The computers...
  3. Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network: Hello, I got a very strange issue of missing devices connected to the network recently. I had a bunch of computers, NAS's and router-attached drive connected to a home network. They were all visible in the network list in file explore on each of my computers. The computers...
  4. computers missing in network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computers missing in network: Hey everyone! My first post here - I usually just glean what I need from reading other's questions - this one has me stumped, and I'm hoping y'all can help. Our home network consists of 2 fresh-install win 10 1909 PC's 1 v 1909 that has been part of the network and is NOT a...
  5. Network discovery - Windows computers missing

Network discovery - Windows computers missing: I know this question has been asked (and answered) many times but I'm still confused. I understand that some kind of discovery process that Windows used to local other Windows devices on a LAN depended on SMB 1 and that is disabled by default in Win10. And that is fine with...
  6. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. [img] Site I'm trying to access: http://www.accaglobal.com/ What I have tried: Windows 10 troubleshooting fix with...
  7. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I am constantly having connectivity problems on a wired connection in Windows 10, and when I run "Troubleshoot problems" on the network connection, I sporadically get the prompt "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" and yet even after "fixing" this...
  8. 5ghz Wireless Network Missing Suddenly - Hp15r-137

5ghz Wireless Network Missing Suddenly - Hp15r-137: I have Windows 10 on a HP15r-137 (HP Touchsmart 15). I recently upgraded my router to a netgear which is dual band. When I initially set it up, it saw both the 5g and the 2ghz network SSID's. I connected to them both and the 5G was faster. I was getting about 45mbps as...
  9. network suddenly quit showing computer

network suddenly quit showing computer: Anyone have any idea why suddenly out of the blue my network quit showing one of my computers? I have a tablet and laptop both with windows 10. my tablet still shows both computers, but my laptop no longer shows the tablet. I didn't change anything. What can cause this and...
  10. Suddenly can't see other computers on network

Suddenly can't see other computers on network: We have three Windows 10 computers (2 desktop, 1 laptop) on a local network. All are in the same workgroup, all have discovery and sharing turned on on private/guest/all networks, password protection off, etc. Everything was working great until about a week ago. We don't know...