Windows 10: Computer's Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned.

Discus and support Computer's Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I try to enable the auto-save feature in MS Excel or Word, I get an error stating 'Your computer's Trusted Module Platform has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VishalEaswar, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Computer's Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned.

Hi,

Whenever I try to enable the auto-save feature in MS Excel or Word, I get an error stating 'Your computer's Trusted Module Platform has malfunctioned.'. The possible fix i found on the internet was clearing the TPM keys and re-initializing the TPM.

While clearing the TPM keys, is there a possibility of data getting cleared? If so, is there a way to clear this issue without clearing the data ?

Or, is there any other way to fix this issue?

Attached a screenshot for reference.

Computer's Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned. 7f0c41f7-84c5-474a-9f04-c9baa532ea26?upload=true.jpg

Thank you

:)

VishalEaswar, Jun 28, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Bitlocker and Trusted Platform Module problems

We appreciate the screenshot you sent.

This issue usually occurs because the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
    uses the manufacturer driver and not the Windows built-in Trusted Platform Module driver.

To resolve this, you can manually uninstall and reinstall Trusted Platform Module. To do so, see the steps below:

• Open Device Manager on the device on which you are experiencing the issue
    • Uninstall the Trusted Platform Module driver.

Give us an update after following the troubleshooting steps provided.

John Sarc, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    trusted platform module

Hi John,

TPM (Trusted Platform Module) is designed to secure a hardware by integrating cryptographic keys into it. It's normally turned on as a part of TPM initialization process. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• Were there any changes made on your device prior to this?
    • What is the make and model of your computer/laptop?
    • What is the complete message are you getting?
    • If possible, can you send us a picture.
    • Did you setup any type of encryption on your computer?

We look forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Computer's Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned.

trusted platform module

Thank you for your interest but I have now solved the problem

johngormanVG, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Computer's Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned.

1. Computer's Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned. - Similar Threads - Computer's Trusted Platform

2. Computer malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer malfunction: Ok this might be a noob question so I'm having an issue with my computer today and I'm not that knowledgeable on terms of the computer itself, I have windows 10 and also a mechanic hard drive and an ssd, on my ssd to my understanding thats where the windows was installed for...
  3. Trusted Platform Module

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted Platform Module: I have received a message to update or clear and update the TPM. It tells me to ensure I have done a backup. Is this REALLY necessary? To do a COMPLETE PC BACKUP in case this causes data loss? Surely, SURELY, MS can do these things without the potential compromise of...
  4. Trusted Platform Module: How do I reset it?

Trusted Platform Module: How do I reset it?: Hey everyone, I need a hand with my TPM, or my Trusted Platform Module, which helps with my computer's security. Recently Windows Defender has made a request that I reset my TPM. However, I try to restart the computer so it can reset the TPM, and I get nothing. What am I...
  5. Trusted Platform Module 2.0: Error Code 10 after Downgrading BIOS

Trusted Platform Module 2.0: Error Code 10 after Downgrading BIOS: Hi there peeps! I'm writing this lines in hopes for finding a solution to this unusual problem, I have been looking on Google, but none of the solutions have helped me... The Story: This is an Acer E5-553-1786 Laptop, and I decided to upgrade to Bios 1.31 in hopes of...
  6. TPM Trusted Platform Module Issue

TPM Trusted Platform Module Issue: After updating to windows 10 version 1803 this comes up after I log in. A configuration change was requested to clean this computers TPM( trusted platform module). Warning clearing erases information started on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access data...
  7. Security devices - Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Security devices - Trusted Platform Module: Hi there On my nice shiny HP envy laptop : HP ENVY Notebook - 13-d008na (ENERGY STAR) Model #: P0R94EA I of course removed the W10 Home with the HP Bloatware (actually very small amount -- well done HP for delivering a reasonably clean OS not riddled with ads and...
  8. Reset My PC - Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset My PC - Trusted Platform Module: While resetting Windows 10 on a Acer Laptop the following dialogue was displayed: Quote A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module) WARNING: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and...
  9. Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

in Windows 10 Support
    Trusted Platform Module (TPM): I just installed windows 10-1511 on my pc en it works perfect.Verry happy with it. But soon there will be come the anniversary update of windows 10.My motherboard supports TPM 1.0 but not TPM 2.0. For the anniversary update you need TPM 2.0.Does this mean that my computer...
  10. Verify Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Chip on Windows PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Verify Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Chip on Windows PC: Something I came across not long ago, is Firmware-based Trusted Platform Modules (fTPM). Whereas before in order to take advantage of a TPM you needed to have a physical TPM chip soldered to the motherboard, that seems to have changed at some point. You can now have either a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trusted platform module has malfunctioned

2. repair your pc trusted platform has malfunctioned error

3. your computer trusted platform is malfunction

4. error 80090034 your computers trusted platform module has malfunctioned.,
  5. your computers trusted platform mode has malfunctioned,
  6. your computers trusted platform module has malfunctioned,
  7. your computers trusted platform module has malfunctioned.,
  8. The computer Trusted Paltform Module has malfuncyioned