Windows 10: Computers turn on randomly

Discus and support Computers turn on randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two Dells- Optiplex 780 & 790 both running Win10-1903. I usually keep these in "Sleep" or "Hibernate" mode when I'm not using them. Well I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kayale, Mar 24, 2020.

1. kayale Win User

Computers turn on randomly

I have two Dells- Optiplex 780 & 790 both running Win10-1903. I usually keep these in "Sleep" or "Hibernate" mode when I'm not using them. Well I've noticed that at random times during the night these computers will start up and run 10 minutes or so then return to Sleep or Hibernate. During this time the harddrive light shows activity of some sort. If I turn the monitor on it just shows the usual log-in screen. Does anybody know what's going on here? Are my computers possessed? Do I need an exorcist?

:)

kayale, Mar 24, 2020
  2. _JP_ Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

Computers turn on randomly nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Mar 24, 2020
  4. pigulici Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Computers turn on randomly - Similar Threads - Computers turn randomly

2. New Windows Update Sleep Mode- Computer Randomly Turning On

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Windows Update Sleep Mode- Computer Randomly Turning On: I accidently installed the new Windows update on 8/11. When I put my computer to sleep, the screen goes black, and about 30 seconds later it comes back to life. This is especially frustrating because my huge monitor turning on while I am trying to sleep mere feet away from my...
  3. Monitor randomly turns off without reconnecting to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor randomly turns off without reconnecting to computer: While browsing the internet on my computer, after about 2 minutes, my monitor will turn off. I can turn it back on, but when I do, it cannot reconnect the display to my computer. The computer remains on, and so does the monitor. The only way to fix this that I could find is...
  4. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...
  5. Computer turning off at random times - No error code unfortunately

Computer turning off at random times - No error code unfortunately: Hi guys I have been having a bit of problem with my computer - I have windows 10 installed It feels like approximately every second night my computer is turning off by itself at night and I have no reason why - I was wondering if any one could have a quick look at the...
  6. Computer bsod, freezes, and turns off randomly

Computer bsod, freezes, and turns off randomly: Hi, For the past few weeks my desktop has been blue screening, turning off randomly, and freezing. I am currently typing this thread on my phone because my PC would freeze within 5 minutes of turning it on. That means that I am unable to attach my dump files unto here....
  7. Monitor randomly turning on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor randomly turning on: I've only had this issue since installing Win10, did not have this issue with 7 or 8. I have the monitor set to turn off either after 10 minutes of idle, or 1 minute after locking the computer. With 7 and 8, it stayed off until I woke it with the keyboard or mouse. With 10,...
  8. Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep: The title says it all. When I put the computer to sleep, every few hours it turns back on. I cannot seem to find the problem in any power option. I made sure that my drivers do not wake up my computer in sleep. 17143
  9. Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't turn on/shutting off randomly: So ever since I updated operating system to Windows 10, my HP Pavilion computer has been shutting down with no warning. And now my computer won't even turn on. My desktop does not overheat, the CPU and the Memory does not go over 50%, have not installed any new programs...
  10. My computer randomly turns itself off

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer randomly turns itself off: Hi, I have recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and prior to this i have been getting BSOD and it turned out to be a faulty ram which i replaced. Now my pc runs with two different brand rams bu have same spec, ddr2 2GB 800. anyway I have my pc connected...