Windows 10: Computer’s unbelievably slow and It won’t hard reset

Discus and support Computer’s unbelievably slow and It won’t hard reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve had my HP Pavilion gaming laptop for about 2 years approaching mid february. It’s pretty decent, and can run some games pretty good like how I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wanthonio31, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Computer’s unbelievably slow and It won’t hard reset

I’ve had my HP Pavilion gaming laptop for about 2 years approaching mid february. It’s pretty decent, and can run some games pretty good like how I want to. Sometimes, I wish it could run better when recording, or have a better gpu and more ram, but at least it gets the job done when just playing and I’ve had no major issues.

Recently, about a week ago, I don’t know whether maybe it went through an update, and I’m not sure here, but a problem occurred and it said something like ‘C:\ disk crashed’ and I was logged into a temp account for a couple of days. Now I don’t remember what I did or what happened right here and sorry about that, but I’ve managed to get the ordinary login screen upon startup. (If anyone’s familiar with what happened here, please let me know lol, would like to know to refresh my mind, etc. thx)

The problem is.. My computer is tremendously laggy as hell. Very, Very laggy it’s unbelievable.

Just to give an example, it takes a couple-several minutes for the windows menu to pop up, after clicking the icon. I would try to boot up google chrome and it would freeze for minutes. It reminds me of a very old windows xp computer that would do this when I was a kid, the speed of a snail to open up apps, it’s so terrible. I can’t believe this computer is basically no different than that one right now.

So I decided to make the decision to hard reset the whole drive to start from fresh. I did the whole procedure (power button icon, from login or start menu > shift+click restart > startup ‘choose an option’ > troubleshoot > reset everything).. Just to find out that it can’t even do that too. The ‘resetting this pc’ part get’s to several percent then it redirects me to the part it fails and undoes the changes lol. And I come back. I’ve also tried to hard reset from the bios menu (f10 *for me* on startup > hover to exit > load system defaults), but I don’t think it does anything. If anything, my desktop files don’t even load up anymore when logged in lol still slow and even worse now.

So yeah, don’t really know what to do now. Worst thing about this is that I can’t even imagine, or hypothetically trace what caused this ordeal (didn’t really download anything significant, etc), because it was that random. Made this because I wanted to see if there is a last chance for any other options to save the computer, or if it's time up. Really unfortunate that it’s come to this

Regardless if you have answers or not, appreciate it if you got this far

submitted by /u/wanthonio31
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wanthonio31, Jan 23, 2021

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Jan 23, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Computer’s unbelievably slow and It won’t hard reset

my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Computer’s unbelievably slow and It won’t hard reset

1. Computer’s unbelievably slow and It won’t hard reset - Similar Threads - Computer’s unbelievably slow

2. My computer was hard reset and won’t continue the process because of werfault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer was hard reset and won’t continue the process because of werfault: i hard reset my computer because i was done with the werfault error i kept getting, i thought i had had a virus and thought resetting would be best, now that i’m half way through i get the same error and windows cannot complete the installation. i can get to freedos and i can...
  3. My computer was hard reset and won’t continue the process because of werfault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer was hard reset and won’t continue the process because of werfault: i hard reset my computer because i was done with the werfault error i kept getting, i thought i had had a virus and thought resetting would be best, now that i’m half way through i get the same error and windows cannot complete the installation. i can get to freedos and i can...
  4. My computer was hard reset and won’t continue the process because of werfault

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer won’t finish restart after resetting.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won’t finish restart after resetting.: Computer won’t finish restart after resetting. I noticed my laptops performance was not what it once was, so I decided to try and reset it, deleting all my files and whatnot. After initiating this my (MSI) laptop starting to restart, but whenever the spinning circle...
  6. This is unbelievable

This is unbelievable: Who do I murder? My PC started today and defaulted to Microsoft Edge. I tried to do a system restore which would not take. I then did a reset of the computer and when it restarted some of my flight sim icons were gone from my desktop, my chrome browser was totally gone from...
  7. Hard reset for slowness?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard reset for slowness?: I want to reset my dirty laptop hard because it is infinitely slow with good components trz and my friends think I have a trojan or something. I can't even open Google that it loads for a minute. This was not the case before. Now my friends told me I have to read the Prodkut...
  8. Computer won’t continue with factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t continue with factory reset: Ive decided to reset my computer to get rid of some problems and have a clean drive. My computer has successfuly done the reset but when it gets to install Windows it’ll reset everytime it gets to that screen and keeps on doing it. It is currently stuck on 64% and doesnt seem...
  9. Unbelievably slow download speed on Master Chief Collection update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unbelievably slow download speed on Master Chief Collection update: Hello! I own MCC through the Game Pass, and today I encountered a problem where Microsoft Store told me I have an update for it. Problem is, it downloads at such a slow speed I may never even see it through:here. I would rather not have to download the entire game from...
  10. Windows Store download times being unbelievably slow.

Windows Store download times being unbelievably slow.: I’m trying to download sea of thieves and everything is fine and then the number of how much I have downloaded just stops, it doesn’t tell me how fast it is downloading anymore, but it still says it’s downloading. I had enough of that and restarted the download to see that it...