Windows 10: Computers wake up at night

Discus and support Computers wake up at night in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Right so, to start, it's windows update orchestrator that's waking it up. About fifty percent of the time I put my computers to sleep it'll wake them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bruh-iunno, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Computers wake up at night

Right so, to start, it's windows update orchestrator that's waking it up. About fifty percent of the time I put my computers to sleep it'll wake them up at the dead of night and keep them at the lockscreen permanently until I shut the computer down. Multiple times during the night if I put it back to sleep as well!

Here's the thing, I'm spamming the check for updates button constantly. I love updates! But yet I can't hibernate or sleep my PCs overnight for fear of them waking me up.

Here are the things I have done to try and stop it.

1. Disabled update orchestrator in task scheduler.
    2. Set my PC to go back to sleep after ten minutes.
    3. Stay constantly updated.

I'm on 1909 though it's happened for years at this point. It happens on all three of my computers (a desktop and two laptops) and I've reinstalled windows many times throughout.

Nothing's worked, so how on earth do I stop my computer from waking up at night? Heck, I'm fine with it waking up as long as it goes back to sleep!

submitted by /u/bruh-iunno
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bruh-iunno, Nov 23, 2019
  2. CW00 Win User

Windows 10 wakes my computer at night

I hibernated my computer. It woke up at night. It happened before. I checked and I suspect Windows Update is causing the problem. Windows 10 does not seem to allow me to change the update time, so it wakes up and update at night. How do I set the update
    time as to avoid night time?

Below is the display in the command prompt:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 0

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

HID Keyboard Device

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -waketimers

Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker) expires at 13:51:14 on 15/07/2016.

Reason: Windows will execute 'Maintenance Activator' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

3. waking up my computer

Hi Virginia,

For us to properly isolate the issue in waking up your computer, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Aside from a hard shut down, to make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if the wake on keyboard option is enabled. To check this, open
    Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device >
    Power Management, and then disable the Allow this device to wake the computer feature (standard value).

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 23, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Computers wake up at night

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Computers wake up at night

1. Computers wake up at night - Similar Threads - Computers wake night

2. win update wakes me up at night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win update wakes me up at night: I usually put my pc into sleep mode before going to bed cause there're lots of things going there and I don't want to reopen everything in the morning. The problem is windows sometimes turns the pc on in the middle of the night to install updates. But since there's a...
  3. PC wakes up in the middle of the night by StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wakes up in the middle of the night by StartMenuExperienceHost.exe: Hi everyone, New windows installation, the PC keeps waking in the middle of the night. I have done all the steps needed like disabling wake up timers in power settings, disabling power management on all devices, etc and everything else that there is on the net. powercfg...
  4. Night light is reset after wake up

Night light is reset after wake up: I have night light set up to turn on on the schedule. It works. I also have my screen turning off after 15 minutes of idle. The problem is the night light disappears after the screen is turned on. If I go to night light setting, it says it is turned on. If I turn it off and...
  5. wake up at 12am every night

in Windows 10 Customization
    wake up at 12am every night: my pc wakes up at 12 am every night, i have turned off all devices from device manager, looked at all the scheduled tasks and nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-at-12am-every-night/6b44b6f4-227b-4d3e-85d7-61032bfefce7
  6. UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night: Hello all, so first things first: My computer is up to date. So I've been wrestling with this problem for the past week. My computer will not stay asleep all night and wakes itself up every night. Really wouldn't be an issue except that it doesn't go back to sleep. It just...
  7. Laptop waking up from sleep at night

Laptop waking up from sleep at night: I tried following this post, but when I execute this command: powercfg/waketimers, I get a different result: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg/waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  8. Computer wakes up during the night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer wakes up during the night: I have a problem in connection with Windows Update. An event called Universal Orchestrator Start wakes up my laptop during the night. I tried to edit it in the event scheduler, but it is asking for username and password I dont know. I would like to find out what my password...
  9. Wake up during Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wake up during Night: How can I prevent the UpdateOrchestrator to wake up my computer at night? I already turned off all the other stuff that keeps waking up my computer but now they added a new task "Backup Scan" that keeps waking up the computer at intervals. I don't even have backup turned...
  10. computer wakes from sleep at night time

in Windows 10 Support
    computer wakes from sleep at night time: Each morning when I wake up, my computer is on, rather than in sleep mode, as I left it. I have disabled the power of the mouse to wake it. What else can I try to fix this problem? 24004