Windows 10: Computing items...

Discus and support Computing items... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 My PC is very high spec hardware, but whenever I try to look down the folder list in the address bar of an explorer window, it just sits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SimonMartindale, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Computing items...

Windows 10

My PC is very high spec hardware, but whenever I try to look down the folder list in the address bar of an explorer window, it just sits on a spinning loading wheel with "Computing items..." and the red "cancel" cross.

I don't appear to have any other serious issues with the computer, there is plenty of ram and cpu processing to spare, as far as I can tell no viruses, or fragmentation... just an incredibly slow Computing items... load time for explorer folders.

:)

SimonMartindale, Sep 7, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Computer stuff for sale.

oh I'm not interesting in any of the items personally, I was just suggesting listing starting prices on each individual item, in my experience I've found that it is more welcoming to interested parties if they see a starting price

carry on and GL with your sale *Smile Computing items... :)

nflesher87, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Computing items...

Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

Thank you for the tip. I cleared those two folders (AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestinations) and restarted, as you suggested. This did clear all of my jump lists, as expected. However, upon opening 15-20 documents, I see that I can still only get 12 items in the Jump Lists (both on the taskbar and Start menu).

I am connected to a domain, but I don't think that's the issue, or it would have overwritten the JumpListItems_Maximum value based on some Group Policy. No, it's just ignoring it. There must be another value somewhere that's overriding it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions. This is really killing my productivity.

GranitStatColin, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Computing items...

1. Computing items... - Similar Threads - Computing items

2. Had to reset computer and lost Windows 10. How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had to reset computer and lost Windows 10. How do I get it back?: My old gaming desktop has been inactive for a couple years and in that time something about my system completely failed and I had to reset it to factory. It's running great now but factory was Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 during their free period and now I'm wondering...
  3. So My sister tried to use the computer for school and couldn’t remember my password...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So My sister tried to use the computer for school and couldn’t remember my password...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IamtheIinteam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvlm34/so_my_sister_tried_to_use_the_computer_for_school/
  4. Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items: Hi, I work in an environment with about 150-200 Dell laptops. So far I've come across 10+ computers that can take up to 5 minutes to get past the swirling circle at the Dell logo to boot to windows. After speaking with Dell, they tell me that this is where windows...
  5. Remove all Xbox items from a Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove all Xbox items from a Windows 10 computer: Is there a way to remove all Xbox items from the computer? There are some of us that have not and will not ever use the Xbox on or off Windows 10. Even though I play some games they are never Xbox and things like the Game Bar have disrupted me....
  6. Remove all Xbox items from the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove all Xbox items from the computer: Is there a way to remove all Xbox items from the computer? There are some of us that have not and will not ever use the Xbox on or off Windows 10. Even though I play some games they are never Xbox and things like the Game Bar have disrupted me....
  7. Can not add any items to shopping cart all sites using any browser other computers on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not add any items to shopping cart all sites using any browser other computers on...: Can not add any items to shopping cart all sites using any browser other computers on network work OK. This happens on this computer for any user, any browser, any site. Is there a setting or service that could cause this or possibly a virus?...
  8. Do NOT want desktop items permanently removed from my computer after sending them to a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do NOT want desktop items permanently removed from my computer after sending them to a...: I often save images from the internet on my desktop for easy access. I also send them to my "Documents folder" to permanently save them on the computer and then remove them from my desktop to make room and save space. Lately, I notice that a message comes up telling me that...
  9. I have two displays for my Windows 10 computer. How do I drag and drop items or programs to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have two displays for my Windows 10 computer. How do I drag and drop items or programs to...: I want to be running a different program or viewing seperate documents on display 2. How do I do that? Right now it is a mirror image of my main monitor....
  10. how do i reinstall items that were lost during computer reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i reinstall items that were lost during computer reset: how do I reinstall apps lost in return windows 10 to default I have a list as long as your arm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-items-that-were-lost-during/645d6ae3-bc2e-4e00-abc5-be71bb3d3959

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computing items AND Windows 10