Windows 10: Computing items...

Discus and support Computing items... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 My PC is very high spec hardware, but whenever I try to look down the folder list in the address bar of an explorer window, it just sits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SimonMartindale, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Computing items...

Windows 10

My PC is very high spec hardware, but whenever I try to look down the folder list in the address bar of an explorer window, it just sits on a spinning loading wheel with "Computing items..." and the red "cancel" cross.

I don't appear to have any other serious issues with the computer, there is plenty of ram and cpu processing to spare, as far as I can tell no viruses, or fragmentation... just an incredibly slow Computing items... load time for explorer folders.

:)

SimonMartindale, Sep 7, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Computer stuff for sale.

oh I'm not interesting in any of the items personally, I was just suggesting listing starting prices on each individual item, in my experience I've found that it is more welcoming to interested parties if they see a starting price

carry on and GL with your sale *Smile Computing items... :)

nflesher87, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Computing items...

Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

Thank you for the tip. I cleared those two folders (AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestinations) and restarted, as you suggested. This did clear all of my jump lists, as expected. However, upon opening 15-20 documents, I see that I can still only get 12 items in the Jump Lists (both on the taskbar and Start menu).

I am connected to a domain, but I don't think that's the issue, or it would have overwritten the JumpListItems_Maximum value based on some Group Policy. No, it's just ignoring it. There must be another value somewhere that's overriding it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions. This is really killing my productivity.

GranitStatColin, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Computing items...

1. Computing items... - Similar Threads - Computing items

2. desktop items have appeared on other computers in the office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop items have appeared on other computers in the office: Can you please tell me why the things that I have saved on my desk top which I didn't save to one drive have now duplicated onto another computer in our office and I also now have my managers desktop items on my computer as well as the things I already had on there?...
  3. desktop items have appeared on other computers in the office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop items have appeared on other computers in the office: Can you please tell me why the things that I have saved on my desk top which I didn't save to one drive have now duplicated onto another computer in our office and I also now have my managers desktop items on my computer as well as the things I already had on there?...
  4. Windows Startup items are disabling automatically after restarting the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup items are disabling automatically after restarting the computer: I'm having an issue where I enable startup items in task manager and they are going back to disable after a reboot.This is preventing my services from reconnecting. This recently started happening. I've installed all updates and firmware updates also. The problem is...
  5. Windows Startup items are disabling automatically after restarting the computer

Windows Startup items are disabling automatically after restarting the computer: I'm having an issue where I enable startup items in task manager and they are going back to disable after a reboot.This is preventing my services from reconnecting. This recently started happening. I've installed all updates and firmware updates also. The problem is...
  6. Windows Startup items are disabling automatically after restarting the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I get back missing User menu item on left in Computer management?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get back missing User menu item on left in Computer management?: Not sure why but I can no longer see an option to see/manage users like before in the left menu items with Computer management window. How can I get it back? What happened?...
  8. How can I get back missing User menu item on left in Computer management?

How can I get back missing User menu item on left in Computer management?: Not sure why but I can no longer see an option to see/manage users like before in the left menu items with Computer management window. How can I get it back? What happened?...
  9. How can I get back missing User menu item on left in Computer management?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 11 mail - items stuck in outbox until computer restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mail - items stuck in outbox until computer restarted: Since I have upgraded to Windows 11, sending emails is intermittent. Sometimes they get stuck in the Outbox and this can only be resolved by restarting the laptop. Everything else is fine - and 1gb fibre broadband connection. All my other devices send email fine and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. give me the computing items

2. computing items AND Windows 10