Windows 10: computor turn off at 5 minutes

Discus and support computor turn off at 5 minutes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; where do I go to get the timing of screen shut down opened to a longer time. I am in the middle of reading or watch something and the 'puter keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dks Brooklyn, Apr 29, 2019.

1. computor turn off at 5 minutes

where do I go to get the timing of screen shut down opened to a longer time. I am in the middle of reading or watch something and the 'puter keeps closing down on me. This sucks.

:)

dks Brooklyn, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

Let's start with the obvious, did you click 'Save changes'?

computor turn off at 5 minutes [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Swifty Win User
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes.
    I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on.

Any suggestions why this is not working?

Swifty, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

computor turn off at 5 minutes

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

computor turn off at 5 minutes

1. computor turn off at 5 minutes - Similar Threads - computor turn off

2. Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...: Every time the computer turns off the display, sleep timers reset to 5 minutes 10 minutes. Help pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-timer-resets-to-5-minutes-turn/f7bd7559-515a-4bf9-80fd-41e4bae3aa83
  3. PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off: I'm not sure where to post this because I can't identify the problem. Basically the sequence of events is, I turn PC off from the windows start menu like you would any computer, Windows proceeds to shut off without problems, but then my PC keeps running 5 more minutes until...
  4. Webinar turns off after 10 minutes.

Webinar turns off after 10 minutes.: When I listen to a webinar my Windows 10 turns off after about 10 minutes. How do I change that? I have already adjusted the power options but that does not stop the turning off. Thanks, Mary...
  5. Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound: Hi there. Since some Windows 10 updates ago, if I let the PC inactive for some minutes the monitor turns off. Then if I move the mouse, it needs around 5 seconds to turn on again, but in the "sound" configuration the speakers are not being recognized anymore and there is no...
  6. my laptop turns off every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop turns off every 15 minutes: I’ve set power options of my laptop running Windows 10 to never turn off but it started to turn off every 15 minutes. How can I fix it?...
  7. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518
  8. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  9. PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes: I use the PC, walk away, and everytime it sits awhile it is off when I go back. I have to push power button, it boots showing the bios screen just like it actually is completely off. There are no lights on, the PC does not react to keyboard or mouse, only the power...
  10. Computer turns off after only a few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns off after only a few minutes: Ok, i can't for the life of me figure out the problem. I have my settings set to where my PC is not support to go to sleep. All the settings are set to NEVER. Yet, when i'm gone for 5-6 minutes, the computer just shuts down or something. I press buttons on my keyboard and it...