Windows 10: computor turn off at 5 minutes

Discus and support computor turn off at 5 minutes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; where do I go to get the timing of screen shut down opened to a longer time. I am in the middle of reading or watch something and the 'puter keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dks Brooklyn, Apr 29, 2019.

1. computor turn off at 5 minutes

where do I go to get the timing of screen shut down opened to a longer time. I am in the middle of reading or watch something and the 'puter keeps closing down on me. This sucks.

:)

dks Brooklyn, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

Let's start with the obvious, did you click 'Save changes'?

computor turn off at 5 minutes [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Swifty Win User
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes.
    I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on.

Any suggestions why this is not working?

Swifty, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

computor turn off at 5 minutes

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

computor turn off at 5 minutes

1. computor turn off at 5 minutes - Similar Threads - computor turn off

2. My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time: My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time? Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-turns-off-after-5-minute-so-how/bb7934ef-41a0-417a-9b99-d668fb255961
  3. My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time: My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time? Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-turns-off-after-5-minute-so-how/bb7934ef-41a0-417a-9b99-d668fb255961
  4. My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  6. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  7. Screen turn off in 2 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen turn off in 2 minutes: Hey,Every time I leave the room, even for 2 minutes windows is locked and the display is turning off.Dynamic lock is off; andDisplay settings are:Does some has a clue how to stop it? Win 10...
  8. My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to...: My computer is set to turn off the display off after 5 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 10 minutes. The monitor goes off but the computer does not go to sleep....
  9. PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off: I'm not sure where to post this because I can't identify the problem. Basically the sequence of events is, I turn PC off from the windows start menu like you would any computer, Windows proceeds to shut off without problems, but then my PC keeps running 5 more minutes until...
  10. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518