Windows 10: Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

Discus and support Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop has suddenly started automatically restarting when I try to hibernate. I have tried many solutions I found on the internet and this forum.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jerry Welliver, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

My laptop has suddenly started automatically restarting when I try to hibernate. I have tried many solutions I found on the internet and this forum.

• I disabled fast restart
    • ran power troubleshooter
    • reset the power plan defaults
    • updated bios
    • tried a repair install
    • disabled hybrid sleep in power settings

I have already updated to v 1909. I am running Win 10 Pro.

The fast start disable fixed the auto restart on shutdown but not or hibernate. Sleep works fine. Please advise what other steps to try.

:)

Jerry Welliver, Nov 23, 2019

2. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 restarts while hibernated

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run "Power" troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Power"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

1. Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate - Similar Threads - Computuer restarts immediately

2. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after hibernation: I hibernate computer every afternoon using Scheduler and command line shutdown/h. It works fine.I would like to restart computer at 7AM. Tried the command line shutdown/r on Scheduler, but it does not work. Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart after hibernation: I hibernate computer every afternoon using Scheduler and command line shutdown/h. It works fine.I would like to restart computer at 7AM. Tried the command line shutdown/r on Scheduler, but it does not work. Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Restart after hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hibernate immediately reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate immediately reboots: Strange but true - one of my systems will hibernate, sit there for a few moments and then comes back up again. Windows 10 Version 2004 How on earth to fix? David 161446
  6. Hibernate Slow to restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hibernate Slow to restart: Since most recent updates when I resume after hibernation usually overnight my system is incredibly slow to work Does anyone have a fix, I've tried clearing cache before hibernation....
  7. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate V2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate V2: This is just a continuation of a previous thread which was marked as too old. See BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate Had another BSOD immediately after returning from hibernate. I checked the disk again but saw no further errors so I can rule out the disk this time...
  8. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate: I sometimes get a failure from either Corrupt Page or Memory Management after returning from either sleep mode or hibernate. Always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+142940. I wonder if it might be caused by my trying to log in too soon and the different threads running before memory...
  9. Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown then Immediately Restarts: Win 10 Pro x64 HP Spectre x360 15t, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, NVidia Geforce MX150 2GB GDDR5 I was having some issues with HP printer drivers but that did not appear to cause this shutdown issue. I plugged an LG BE14NU40 Blu-Ray Writer via USB and output via HDMI...
  10. SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's?

in Windows 10 Support
    SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's?: The Error Log and Computer Specs are below.My computer recently just stopped waking up from sleep/hibernate and restarts the computer. I really want to know what is causing the problem, and I can't find any further suggestions. Many people think that sleep/hibernation issues...