Windows 10: Concern about downgrading a Windows 10 pre-installed laptop to Windows 8.1

Discus and support Concern about downgrading a Windows 10 pre-installed laptop to Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I own an ASUS X407MA that came with an OEM Windows 10 Home Single Language installation. But I want to downgrade it to Windows 8.1, since its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TGCedar, Jan 27, 2022.

1. TGCedar Win User

Concern about downgrading a Windows 10 pre-installed laptop to Windows 8.1

Hi there, I own an ASUS X407MA that came with an OEM Windows 10 Home Single Language installation. But I want to downgrade it to Windows 8.1, since its a light OS comapred to Windows 7 and it might be faster. My CPU Intel Celeron N4100 @1.10GHz cannot run that well on Windows 10 and Windows 11 suprisingly compatible as I experience some fast battery discharging and slowdowns. Here is why I had to ask this question because I fear of loosing my OEM key used to activate the laptop I am using, I have no idea if a downgrade to Windows 8.1 is possible with an ASUS laptop that was bought with W

:)

TGCedar, Jan 27, 2022
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Concern about downgrading a Windows 10 pre-installed laptop to Windows 8.1

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Concern about downgrading a Windows 10 pre-installed laptop to Windows 8.1

1. Concern about downgrading a Windows 10 pre-installed laptop to Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Concern downgrading pre

2. How to downgrade pre-install windows 11 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to downgrade pre-install windows 11 to windows 10: I bought new laptop and I get pre-install windows 11 but I am not comfortable in windows 11 because tensorflow, cuda and Cudnn are not working correctly in windows 11 so I need to downgrade to windows 10 with my current product key plzz give me tha solution and also give the...
  3. How to downgrade pre-install windows 11 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to downgrade pre-install windows 11 to windows 10: I bought new laptop and I get pre-install windows 11 but I am not comfortable in windows 11 because tensorflow, cuda and Cudnn are not working correctly in windows 11 so I need to downgrade to windows 10 with my current product key plzz give me tha solution and also give the...
  4. Downgrading laptop with windows 11 pre-installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrading laptop with windows 11 pre-installed: I bought an HP laptop with pre-installed windows 11, I have many problem with windows 11 on my laptop so I want to downgrade to windows 10, can I active windows 10 without product key?...
  5. Downgrading laptop with windows 11 pre-installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrading laptop with windows 11 pre-installed: I bought an HP laptop with pre-installed windows 11, I have many problem with windows 11 on my laptop so I want to downgrade to windows 10, can I active windows 10 without product key?...
  6. Concern about downgrading a Windows 10 pre-installed laptop to Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Concern about downgrading a Windows 10 pre-installed laptop to Windows 8.1: Hi there, I own an ASUS X407MA that came with an OEM Windows 10 Home Single Language installation. But I want to downgrade it to Windows 8.1, since its a light OS comapred to Windows 7 and it might be faster. My CPU Intel Celeron N4100 @1.10GHz cannot run that well on Windows...
  7. Need to downgrade Windows 10 to 8.1 on machine with it pre installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to downgrade Windows 10 to 8.1 on machine with it pre installed: Hi, can anyone help please? I have been given a laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled but my work software is not compatible with it. I cannot afford to upgrade the software just yet. I thought the easiest workaround would be to uninstall windows 10 and buy windows 8.1...
  8. downgrading to Windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrading to Windows 8: I want to downgrade my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 8 which was installed on my PC before. But I upgraded to Windows 10 about a year ago and cannot roll back easily. I found out that I have to restore the computer to the original state. I pressed Troubleshoot and then Reset...
  9. downgrading to windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrading to windows 8: I want to downgrade to windows 8 from windows 10. Ive never had windows 8. I recently bought windows 10 for 180 dollars. and windows 10 is such a pain with the automatic screen resolution changes. I bought a new gaming monitor. whenever I restart my computer or come out of...
  10. Concerns about upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Concerns about upgrading to Windows 10: I 'm considering the Windows 10 upgrade on my Dell Latitude E6410 laptop with Windows 7 Pro and 4 GB ram , but I'm concerned about several issues including whether the laptop is even compatible with W10. I'm on a data cap plan with my isp so W10 update sizes are also a...