Windows 10: Concern about initializing HDD

Discus and support Concern about initializing HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I moved a hard drive from a RAID set up to another computer to test if it was working. Computer management utility is asking me to initialize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AyhanEyikan, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Concern about initializing HDD

Hello,

I moved a hard drive from a RAID set up to another computer to test if it was working. Computer management utility is asking me to initialize it as if it is brand new. Shouldn't the hard drive already be initialized if my RAID set up was working properly? And will initializing it erase the data stored on it?

:)

AyhanEyikan, Feb 2, 2019

2. hdd not initialized

Hi,

is it a new HDD? Internal or external? New internal HDDs need to be initialized manually thru Disk management.

Igor Leyko, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

Concern about initializing HDD

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Concern about initializing HDD

1. Concern about initializing HDD - Similar Threads - Concern initializing HDD

2. I'm quite concerned about this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm quite concerned about this: Hi guys i have many pdfs that I created when I view them it outs me onto micrososft edge when I click on the i in the corner it says that you are viewing a local or shared file does this mean that no one selse can see it because i don't want them to, is this public on the...
  3. HDD drives not initializing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD drives not initializing: Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open up disk management and they are both not initialized. I spent about a week recovering 4tb of lost data. Initialized the disk...
  4. Process I'm concerned about

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Process I'm concerned about: I've noticed a process called Dism Host Servicing Process. Is this something i should be concerned about?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/process-im-concerned-about/c569a61d-8b06-4ecd-8f9d-6d543b50e964
  5. Concern about virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Concern about virus: I have barely used my computer lately and all of a sudden I have a yellow notification symbol regarding my protection history saying I have a potentially unwanted app found. I dont know what to do please advise. I have attached a screen shot. [ATTACH]...
  6. HDD Initializing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Initializing issue: Hi, so I just spend roughly $5500 on a new pc which has been working pretty great except for random freezing from time to time, the entire computer just kind of slows down then turns off then when I turn my pc back on my second HDD has vanished from my computer and when...
  7. concern about temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    concern about temperature: hi there I have recently buy a surface laptop 2 i5 model .I just want to know that the temperature goes 37 to 51c in ideal or when browsing YouTube videos and under full load the laptop cross 70c is it normal or my laptop is defective one....
  8. To Know about concerns

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    To Know about concerns: Hello Team, Hope all are doing well. I'd like to inform you that i have been getting blue screen stop code error for the couple of days. By the issue i had downloaded the microsoft windows 10 (1703) ISO file and installed windows through my USB media. As well as i have...
  9. hdd not initialized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdd not initialized: hdd not initialized just says disk 6 unknown I tried different usb ports with no success.there are files on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdd-not-initialized/d5b99338-fc73-4d7d-b95c-71a7e6f8b1fc
  10. Concerned about Atom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Concerned about Atom: Recently, I was looking for good free text editors, and I came across Atom. After deciding that I preferred the first one I found, I uninstalled Atom. I only had one account on the computer at the time, but after uninstalling Atom, I created a second account for...