Windows 10: Concern about possible scam

Discus and support Concern about possible scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting a message on my desktop that says "Some of your accounts require attention", asking me to go to Shared Experiences under Settings to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanPence1, Sep 8, 2020.

1. DanPence1 Win User

Concern about possible scam

I keep getting a message on my desktop that says "Some of your accounts require attention", asking me to go to Shared Experiences under Settings to "fix it". I am concerned this is some type of scam. Is this legitimate?

:)

DanPence1, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/msname.aspx

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

http://blogs.microsoft.com/cybertrust/2014/09/18/how-to-report-the-microsoft-phone-scam/

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Concern about possible scam

Desiree Yau, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Concern about possible scam

1. Concern about possible scam - Similar Threads - Concern possible scam

2. Possible Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Scam: This morning a virus announcement reported from Windows with a response telephone #1-844-528-12312. A gentleman with a middle who wanted me to execute a command www.support.qp or pq which I did not know. I hung up, then received call back from same gentleman with tel #...
  3. Possible Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Scam: I am repeatedly getting a window saying some of my servers are out of date and I need to 'register' to get an update. The name of the sender is too small for me to read. Is this a scam?...
  4. Possible scam

Possible scam: I had occasion to use my backup computer today, an older model hp. It fired right up, ran fast and clean and the graphics were good. After a couple of hours I got a message, presumably from, I thought, Microsoft informing me that PowerApp had been disabled and gave me the...
  5. Question about possible scam

Question about possible scam: I have been contact by a company that claims I have been using there software for the past two years with a electronic signed contract(emailed me proof)I have looked for this software on my computer and cannot find it anywhere. The company is called US Info Solutions (***...
  6. possible scam

possible scam: I keep receiving a pop up that reads-"One DRIVE ISN'T SIGNED ON". Is this a scam? What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/possible-scam/e5fbd1f4-8fca-4732-be4b-75d24bf02fe2
  7. Possibled scam

Possibled scam: Over the last couple days my lap top has a error message pop up, It states my computer has harmful virus install call mico soft tech at 1 716-406-4636 9 this legit. Microsoft support...
  8. Scam concerning the purchase of an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam concerning the purchase of an app: I was informed that I had ordered Mobile Legend Bang-Bang 5,000Diamonds at a cost of $36.69 and paid for it by credit card link. The email did not say what credit card but merely credit card link. I was given the order number called the app store and they told me that...
  9. Possible scam

Possible scam: Receiving calls (2-3 within 30 minutes) from a Catherine claiming to be from Microsoft telling me that my computer was compromised by many foreign countries and that I need to reset my computer....
  10. possible scam

possible scam: hi I have awake to a system warning pop up and a loud continuous beep sound also another pop up box that says "Wait" the windows firewall has detected that you have not updated your windows system It remains damaged and vulnerable ** do not leave this page until you have...