Windows 10: Concern about virus

Discus and support Concern about virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have barely used my computer lately and all of a sudden I have a yellow notification symbol regarding my protection history saying I have a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamBibb1, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Concern about virus

I have barely used my computer lately and all of a sudden I have a yellow notification symbol regarding my protection history saying I have a potentially unwanted app found. I dont know what to do please advise. I have attached a screen shot.

Concern about virus e9ff62bf-77a2-4679-a66d-e282fdade2bf?upload=true.png

:)

WilliamBibb1, Jun 24, 2020

2. Should I Be Concerned and Extra Cautious

I copied and pasted to Word your checklist. I even numbered the steps. I should have asked if the order is critical, e.g., these steps should be done in the order listed?

10 Run Belarc Advisor and print out the system inventory it provides.
    11 Remove any 3rd-party anti-virus software, hard drive monitoring software, and Speccy if you have it.
    12 Run Ccleaner Free on the registry.

thanks

baumgrenze, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Concern about virus

Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Concern about virus

1. Concern about virus - Similar Threads - Concern virus

2. Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern: Dear Microsoft Support,I purchased Windows 11 on March 27, 2022 Order No. 4955190956 and encountered an activation error Error code: 0xC004F213 after installation on my new laptop. The system is linked to my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but...
  3. Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern: Dear Microsoft Support,I purchased Windows 11 on March 27, 2022 Order No. 4955190956 and encountered an activation error Error code: 0xC004F213 after installation on my new laptop. The system is linked to my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but...
  4. Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...: My computer is acting weird lately or maybe i'm just getting paranoid. it got slower, prone to shutdowns and weird stuff going on. I can't point a finger whether it's a hardware my avr is gonna get replaced soon, as it was making weird cracking sounds and shutsdown my...
  5. Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...: My computer is acting weird lately or maybe i'm just getting paranoid. it got slower, prone to shutdowns and weird stuff going on. I can't point a finger whether it's a hardware my avr is gonna get replaced soon, as it was making weird cracking sounds and shutsdown my...
  6. Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. E3 2020 cancelled due to growing concerns over COVID-19 Corona Virus

in Windows 10 News
    E3 2020 cancelled due to growing concerns over COVID-19 Corona Virus: WASHINGTON – MARCH 11, 2020 – After careful consultation with our member companies regarding the health and safety of everyone in our industry – our fans, our employees, our exhibitors and our longtime E3 partners – we have made...
  8. Virus notice came up on my screen concerning Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus notice came up on my screen concerning Microsoft Edge.: I had a notice coming up o my screen regarding Microsoft Edge saying I must have a virus. It had a number to call but I am suspecting a scam. How do I know if I should follow through with this? It won't let me escape from this....
  9. What is this Yamaha APO in the registry folder? Should I be concerned for malware virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is this Yamaha APO in the registry folder? Should I be concerned for malware virus?: I am running a full security scan on my laptop (windows 10), following a scary possibility that my device is probably infected by malware. I went to the registry and see that there is this Yamaha APO software I don't remember installing before, and that I find no info on...
  10. I Found 3 Nasty Viruses Through Windows Defender & Need To Report Them For Everyone Concerned.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Found 3 Nasty Viruses Through Windows Defender & Need To Report Them For Everyone Concerned.: I hope & pray that the entire Microsoft Community has been Blessed by God & are doing well... I found 3 viruses that needs to be reported: 1. wzdo34.ex 7/30/2018 2. Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.B 7/31/2018 3....