Windows 10: Concern with search bar suggesting app

Discus and support Concern with search bar suggesting app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I typed "media" earlier in my windows 10 search bar and what I think is the windows media player app pops up asking if I want to use the recommended or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/killerofpain, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Concern with search bar suggesting app

I typed "media" earlier in my windows 10 search bar and what I think is the windows media player app pops up asking if I want to use the recommended or customize settings. This is my first time using windows media on my newly installed windows, but then for some reason it downloaded something (even though it should already be installed) before opening windows media player, anyone know why that is?

Could it have been that the search bar suggested a web result that tricked me into downloading an windows media player that's not legit?

submitted by /u/killerofpain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/killerofpain, Dec 11, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 11, 2020
  4. brummyfan Win User

Concern with search bar suggesting app

IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

Concern with search bar suggesting app [​IMG]

brummyfan, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Concern with search bar suggesting app

1. Concern with search bar suggesting app - Similar Threads - Concern search bar

2. How to ger rid of "suggested" in the window search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to ger rid of "suggested" in the window search bar?: How can I disable these suggestions on the left side?I do not want to see anything suggested in the search bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-ger-rid-of-suggested-in-the-window-search/ad5718f6-b845-451c-8532-8d3f4669d117
  3. How to stop Edge suggestion in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Edge suggestion in windows search bar: Hi,Every time I open the search bar in windows I get this ad for microsoft edge. Does anyone know how to disable it? Pressing the x just makes it re-appear when I next click the search bar. I also cannot find any settings and I believe I have disabled suggestions everywhere...
  4. How to stop Edge suggestion in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop Edge suggestion in windows search bar: Hi,Every time I open the search bar in windows I get this ad for microsoft edge. Does anyone know how to disable it? Pressing the x just makes it re-appear when I next click the search bar. I also cannot find any settings and I believe I have disabled suggestions everywhere...
  5. How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar: Edition -> Windows 10 ProVersion -> 21H2Os Build -> 19044.1645How do I get rid of these annoying suggested apps ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removedisable-suggested-apps-from-search/2695a386-e060-4bc2-958e-98e7083888f8
  6. How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar: Edition -> Windows 10 ProVersion -> 21H2Os Build -> 19044.1645How do I get rid of these annoying suggested apps ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removedisable-suggested-apps-from-search/2695a386-e060-4bc2-958e-98e7083888f8
  7. How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. App on the search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App on the search bar: app on the search bar, I can't open it, and I have plenty of app so that can you help me ? you can watch this on this link submitted by /u/Ariette_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l43sgx/app_on_the_search_bar/
  9. No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge: I cannot get Edge to give suggestions other than from history or favourites. I have made sure that all setting are correct in settings and even changed the search engines around, but it did not solve the problem. While it's not a deal breaker for using the browser it is...
  10. "Search" App/Program Suggestions ?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Search" App/Program Suggestions ?: Hello, In my humble opinion, the Search function box "Type Here To Search" is really poor. Might someone suggest a "really" good, hopefully free or inexpensive, one I can download and try. Would like it to pull out file names, etc., etc. Really dig "deep". The one(s) I...