Windows 10: Concerned about Atom

Discus and support Concerned about Atom in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I was looking for good free text editors, and I came across Atom. After deciding that I preferred the first one I found, I uninstalled Atom.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gregyurkon, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Concerned about Atom

Recently, I was looking for good free text editors, and I came across Atom. After deciding that I preferred the first one I found, I uninstalled Atom. I only had one account on the computer at the time, but after uninstalling Atom, I created a second account for troubleshooting a screen saver problem (which seems to be a common one), and I found Atom installed on that new account. I'm pretty sure that it's not malware, because of the investigating I did before visiting the site, and the scanning of the installer and the computer I did afterward. Can anyone tell me why it reappeared in a new account, and how I can avoid that kind of thing?

Edited to add:
    I left out the fact that I didn't delete Atom's installer right away and it may have still been sitting in the Downloads folder when I created that second account. I don't know whether I left out anything else which might be relevant, so if I did, you'll have to give me an idea of what kinds of things would be relevant. (Now, I'm pretty sure that things like account passwords are not relevant, so I'm probably going to ignore requests along those lines.*Smile)

Edited to add:
    I just discovered Atom listed on the Startup tab in the Task Manager. I disabled it, but it's still there after at least two restarts. I've had spyware which was less difficult to get rid of.

:)

gregyurkon, Nov 13, 2015
  2. Byu2 Win User

dolby atmos for headphones vs windows sonic

Thanks for your reply. as the pay of $15 is to windows store not publisher. The source you provided is programming parameters still not explain in detail difference windows sonic and dolby atom for headphone.

The dolby atom for earphone states it can turn any set of earphone into dolby atom experience, that means it convert existing audio source into dolby atom channels then output to earphones?

also, I searched all over the web cannot find any information from Microsoft about windows sonic and dolby atom for earphone.

3. Windows 10 after 1607 supports Atom Silverthorne?

Hi all,

I've read Windows 10 after 1607 no longer wouldn't support Atom Clover trails, but I couldn't find any documentations about Atom Silverthorne.

My younger daughter has a rented (substantially given) notebook with Atom Silverthone running Windows 7. So I upgraded it to Windows 10 1709 yesterday. But today I found it had a trouble in Windows Update which garbled the screen like sandstorm, and noticed
    Windows 10 wouldn't support Atom processors. So I searched for articles about it, but all I could find was about Atom Clover Trails which was supported up to Windows 10 1607.

So now I got my daughter's notebook back to Windows 7 and am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 1709. Is it the latest Windows 10 supporting Atom Silverthorne?

I'm an insider running fast ring and skip ahead, but new to Atom processor (I've never thought I had touched Atom processors), so I'm much confused....

Thanks in advance.

maverick6664, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Concerned about Atom

Resetting Windows got rid of that Startup task.

gregyurkon, Dec 18, 2015
Thema:

Concerned about Atom

1. Concerned about Atom - Similar Threads - Concerned Atom

2. Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern: Dear Microsoft Support,I purchased Windows 11 on March 27, 2022 Order No. 4955190956 and encountered an activation error Error code: 0xC004F213 after installation on my new laptop. The system is linked to my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but...
  3. Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation Error 0xC004F213 with Regional Purchase Concern: Dear Microsoft Support,I purchased Windows 11 on March 27, 2022 Order No. 4955190956 and encountered an activation error Error code: 0xC004F213 after installation on my new laptop. The system is linked to my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but...
  4. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  5. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

"LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  6. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  8. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  9. Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account: Recently I have seen that in my signin activity section of Microsoft account there are many login attempts from unknown locations. And today I even received a mail stating that someone was trying to login in my Amazon account. I am very much worried and tensed and feeling...
  10. Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account

Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account: Recently I have seen that in my signin activity section of Microsoft account there are many login attempts from unknown locations. And today I even received a mail stating that someone was trying to login in my Amazon account. I am very much worried and tensed and feeling...