Windows 10: Concurrent RDP sessions open to multiple computers - possible

Discus and support Concurrent RDP sessions open to multiple computers - possible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there AFAIK RDP can only connect to a single computer unless you start fiddling with ports etc -- Is this in fact true or is essentially RDP only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Oct 2, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Concurrent RDP sessions open to multiple computers - possible

Hi there
    AFAIK RDP can only connect to a single computer unless you start fiddling with ports etc -- Is this in fact true or is essentially RDP only available for a single computer at a time.

On a Linux box here I'm using a product KRDC which allows RDP and VNC connections and seems to allow concurrent RDP ones.

Here I'm accessing both a Windows XP VM and a Windwos 10 VM on a remote Linux host machine - the XP VM is running on VMWare WKS 16 while the W10 VM is running underthe KVM/QEMU Hypervisor.

What's nice is to be able to switch instantly between the VM's without logging off etc etc from a remote laptop (using a Linux laptop currently)..

Is there a way to replicate this on Windows boxes -- I defer to people with superior Windows skills here.

example of what I need - absolutely no port fiddling etc - I just loaded up the krdc application (from KDE Linux GUI) and its fine.

Concurrent RDP sessions open to multiple computers - possible [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 2, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    AFAIK RDP can only connect to a single computer unless you start fiddling with ports etc -- Is this in fact true or is essentially RDP only available for a single computer at a time.

On a Linux box here I'm using a product KRDC which allows RDP and VNC connections and seems to allow concurrent RDP ones.

Here I'm accessing both a Windows XP VM and a Windwos 10 VM on a remote Linux host machine - the XP VM is running on VMWare WKS 16 while the W10 VM is running underthe KVM/QEMU Hypervisor.

What's nice is to be able to switch instantly between the VM's without logging off etc etc from a remote laptop (using a Linux laptop currently)..

Is there a way to replicate this on Windows boxes -- I defer to people with superior Windows skills here.

example of what I need - absolutely no port fiddling etc - I just loaded up the krdc application (from KDE Linux GUI) and its fine.

Concurrent RDP sessions open to multiple computers - possible [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 2, 2020
  3. pavansn Win User
    How do i configure multiple RDP sessions or Multiple concurrent user sessions in Windows 10 pro

i have a dell optiplex with pre-installed windows 10 opreating system , i need to setup multiple RDP sessions or Multiple concurrent user sessions in this computer , could you please anyone help me out of this , thanks

pavansn, Oct 2, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    Thanks for the info -- not sure why then KRDC works with concurrent sessions --it presumably is using the RDP protocol (not the VNC server which is another alternative for accessing both Linux and windows VM's.

I assume RDP is some Microsoft proprietary protocol so unless some clever folks on the KDE development team have reverse engineered the RDP protocol it should be subject to the same restrictions as on a Windows laptop.

I'm not going to try and debug why though -- I'm also sure the fact that one VM is on VMWare WKS and another on KVM/QEMU is irrelevant too . I'll just stick with KRDC on Linux laptop then for accessing remote Windows VM's.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Concurrent RDP sessions open to multiple computers - possible - Similar Threads - Concurrent RDP sessions

2. RDP had multiple active sessions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP had multiple active sessions: Hithe other day i had this unusual issue where a user was using RDP to connect to their work machine and instead of joining the existing session they had from a previous day it created a new one whilst also keeping the old one active, this prompted the user to select which...
  3. RDP had multiple active sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP had multiple active sessions: Hithe other day i had this unusual issue where a user was using RDP to connect to their work machine and instead of joining the existing session they had from a previous day it created a new one whilst also keeping the old one active, this prompted the user to select which...
  4. RDP had multiple active sessions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enable Multiple RDP Sessions for Windows 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Multiple RDP Sessions for Windows 10 PRO: Is there any feature or license to Enable Multiple RDP Sessions for Windows 10 PRO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-multiple-rdp-sessions-for-windows-10-pro/6ff26862-516c-4f3a-a6dc-525d1948ebe0
  6. Concurrent RDP sessions open to multiple computers - possible

in Windows 10 Support
    Concurrent RDP sessions open to multiple computers - possible: Hi there AFAIK RDP can only connect to a single computer unless you start fiddling with ports etc -- Is this in fact true or is essentially RDP only available for a single computer at a time. On a Linux box here I'm using a product KRDC which allows RDP and VNC connections...
  7. how to Allow Multiple RDP Sessions in Windows 10?

how to Allow Multiple RDP Sessions in Windows 10?: Good Day for all Dears, I have Windows 10 and I need a feature multiple RDP Remote desktop protocol session in same time How do I do this and work successfully because I tried many methods that did not work...
  8. Multiple simultanious RDP Session in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple simultanious RDP Session in windows 10.: Hi! Have been trying to figure out is there any possibility of a license that allows multiple simultaneous users login to windows 10? kindly share your thoughts on the same....
  9. RDP session

RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...
  10. No Multiple/Concurrent RDC sessions after April Update 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Multiple/Concurrent RDC sessions after April Update 1803: After Upgrading to Windows 10 RS4 1803 i lost the the ability of multiple rdc connections to my PC, i was using RDPwrappper and it indicates now that it's not supported in it's configurations. is there any way to be able to open concurrent rdc sessions with the update??...