Windows 10: Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...

Discus and support Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; TV is connected my Line-In port via 3.5mm Jack. This picks up my TV audio and I can listen to it by listening to the line in device. I have recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Teh Sp0oki bear, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...

TV is connected my Line-In port via 3.5mm Jack. This picks up my TV audio and I can listen to it by listening to the line in device. I have recently bought a small condenser mic that plugs into the Rear Mic Input Port. This microphone works as I have tested it without the Line-In being connected. When I connect the microphone so the TV and Mic Input are both connected, then as I playback my TVLine-Input audio it also plays back the audio of my mic, even when "listen to this device " is switched off. They both appear to merge together which is an issue for me as I want to stream gameplay from my video game console without hearing myself.

I understand that this issue seems a little complex and from doing a little searching online, I feel like it may be an issue unique to me. Just throwing it out there and seeing if something sticks.

TL;DR

Microphone audio is merging with Line-In playback audio so I hear myself from the microphone.

:)

Teh Sp0oki bear, Mar 21, 2021
  2. PツNDA Win User

Rear microphone input not being detected

The microphone jack on the front of my PC seems to have stopped working completely and whenever I put a microphone input into it, a low buzz and static is present. I have used multiple headsets from friends with the same result so I am assuming that the
    front microphone jack is broken and not the headsets. Because of this, I have tried to switch to the microphone jack at rear of my PC but it isn't being detected at all and in the control panel it says that the device is unplugged. Is there a way to enable
    the rear mic input or fix this issue?

Audio works fine on both the front and the rear, my mic is the only problem.

If you need any extra information to fix this problem then let me know

PツNDA, Mar 21, 2021
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Combo Input Changed from Mic to Line In: Can't revert to Microphone

Does this look like your computer?

Front

Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio... [​IMG]

6) Audio-out (headphone)/Audio-in (microphone) combo jack
    7) Audio-out (headphone) jack

Rear

Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio... [​IMG]

1) Audio-out jack for powered audio devices
    6) Audio-in jack

When a device is plugged into either audio jack, a dialog box will appear on the monitor screen asking if you want to use the jack for a microphone or a headphone. You can also reconfigure the jacks at any time by double-clicking the Audio Manager icon in the Windows taskbar.

Hardware Reference Guide
    HP EliteDesk 800/880 G3 TWR Business PC
    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05386806

MisterEd, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...

Combo Input Changed from Mic to Line In: Can't revert to Microphone

Hi,

I have an Windows 10 HP Desktop (product # Y1B39AV) which has builtin sound (i.e. no sound card). It has only 2 audio jacks on the back labeled with icons. One appears to be output and is plugged into my speakers, which work fine. The other appears to be input and is plugged into a microphone which used to work but now doesn't. (There are also 2 output jacks on the front labeled with icons: 1 appears to be for a headphone and the other for a headphone with a mic. They both work when I plug a headphone in.) I also have a Logitech C310 Webcam which plugs into a USB port and works fine for both sound and video. All of this has been connected and working correctly for over a year.

My problem is that my microphone no longer works. When I use Audacity to record from the mic I previously selected Microphone (Synaptics HD Audio) but now that's been replaced with Line In (Synaptics HD Audio). When I record from that I get very faint sound.

It seems that my PC previously thought that the input jack on the back was a mic input but now it thinks it's a line in input. As I recall when I first plugged the microphone in I was prompted to select what type of device I had plugged in, either Line In or Microphone, and I picked Microphone. That worked fine until the PC decided for unknown reasons that it's a Line In device. Since the Line In inputs expect 40 to 60 dBV higher levels than the Microphone level the microphone input sound is so low as to be useless.

The problem is I don't know how to switch that input jack back to Microphone from Line In. I don't see it in the HP documentation or anywhere else. Everywhere I look in Windows (Device Manager, Settings for Sound) it just shows the Synaptics Line In input (and also the Webcam mic) and there's no Synaptics Microphone anywhere. Under Settings/Sound/Manage Devices there is a Synaptics Stereo Audio input that's disabled but when I enable it and record from it in Audacity (called Stereo Mix there) there's no sound at all. Nowhere do I see a Synaptics Microphone.

Can anyone tell how to fix this? I'm running Windows 10 ver. 1903.

Thanks,
    Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Further research on the HP web site reveals that this input port is "re-taskable" as a Line-in or Microphone-in port. However so far that hasn't helped me figure out how to re-task it.

MikeA01730, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...

1. Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio... - Similar Threads - Condenser microphone rear

2. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Customization
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  3. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  4. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  5. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Microphone audio input problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone audio input problem: Dear windows users: After the system was upgraded to windows 20H2, my internal microphone cannot input sounds. The problem is all the programs voice recorder, teams, chromes … cannot get microphone signals. But the sound setting panel setting shows that there is sound input....
  7. How to change this line input to microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change this line input to microphone?: [ATTACH] As you can see in the image it shows that the input is half pink/blue. when I plug in my microphone it just detects it as a line in, not as a microphone. Any suggestions? gone through device manager and it is showing as a microphone, but when I go to the sound...
  8. Rear microphone input not being detected

Rear microphone input not being detected: The microphone jack on the front of my PC seems to have stopped working completely and whenever I put a microphone input into it, a low buzz and static is present. I have used multiple headsets from friends with the same result so I am assuming that the front microphone jack...
  9. No Microphone Input

No Microphone Input: So I just got my computer (built myself if that matters), and I can't get any microphones to work. I've tried the front and back microphone ports with multiple pairs of earbuds, as well as a USB headset. None of them work, but a little bit of static is input and recorded...
  10. No line-in microphone input

No line-in microphone input: Hi there. Yesterday a new microphone arrived, and I was excited to finally have a proper one. I plugged it in to my laptop and went to test things out, however I've noticed that my laptop doesn't seem to receive any input from it at all, despite it recognising that it's...