Windows 10: Conexant audio missing - ASUS

Discus and support Conexant audio missing - ASUS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I opened my computer from sleep to find that the audio was no longer working. Specifically, the audio icon says "No speakers or headphones are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Student1234_1234, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Conexant audio missing - ASUS

I opened my computer from sleep to find that the audio was no longer working.

Specifically, the audio icon says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." When I run the Microsoft diagnostics, it says "Restart your PC to finish installing drivers and updates." I've tried this without fix. It then says "Device is not plugged in" and then offers no other suggestions.

When I check the device manager, the Conexant Audio driver the computer came with is no longer under the sound tab. There is only "AMD High Definition Audio Device". Therefore, I can't click to update drivers through the device manager.

I went to the ASUS website and downloaded the most updated driver for my computer model. When I extract the files and then click to run the install program (as administrator), it does not run.

It seems that Windows had updated to version 1809 the night before this all started. I removed the update; this did not resinstate my audio driver.

Anyone know how I can reinstall Conexant Audio to my computer?

Thanks.

ASUS X555QA

Windows 10 version 1803 (after removing 1809).

:)

Student1234_1234, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Heyyuu Win User

How can I permanently uninstall Conexant SmartAudio HD audio driver

It's not work. I have done this

1. download and run the program you suggested.

Conexant driver is not on the list (select to hide)

2. uninstall Conexant driver

High Definition Audio Device is in used now

3. run program again

Conexant driver still not on the list (select to hide)

4. restart my laptop

High Definition Audio Device still in used.

5. run program again

Conexant driver is on the list (select to hide)

6. Select Conexant and Hide it

Conexant driver is now in hidden list

7. a few minutes later my laptop notify me to restart my laptop to finished setting up Conexant

Conexant driver is now disappear from the hidden list and take over my sound device again.

8. cry so hard

Heyyuu, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Asus GL552VW conexant audio problem with win10

i tried that two weeks ago. no result.

yesterday i preistalled windows. and heard some sound before conexant driver to be installed.

few minutes later windows found drivers for audio.

then i changed them with these who are at ASUS CD:

the same result...

StivenStiv, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Conexant audio missing - ASUS

Asus GL552VW conexant audio problem with win10

See if you can do this

You'll still need to install new drivers although win-10 might find them for you :/

Most of these were on a google search so I can't post the site.

ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Conexant audio missing - ASUS

1. Conexant audio missing - ASUS - Similar Threads - Conexant audio missing

2. conexant audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    conexant audio: audio has been distorted on lenovo z70 laptop. So far it has not been fixable, at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-audio/01a248a8-d07a-4d41-bbee-53b957e810ea
  3. Conexant audio missing - ASUS

Conexant audio missing - ASUS: I opened my computer from sleep to find that the audio was no longer working. Specifically, the audio icon says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." When I run the Microsoft diagnostics, it says "Restart your PC to finish installing drivers and updates." I've tried...
  4. Conexant Sound not working on ASUS GL752VW. No Audio Device Installed.

Conexant Sound not working on ASUS GL752VW. No Audio Device Installed.: A few weeks back I got an ASUS ROG GL752VW. During my initial set up in the first few days, I went into device manager, to my sound card, which is Conexant brand and updated the drivers. This caused the sound on my laptop to completely stop working upon a restart. Attempting...
  5. conexant hd audio driver

conexant hd audio driver: i have conexant hd audio on my nv53 gateway laptop the only way to get sound on w10 is to use the generic driver why must microsoft continually at ever update reinstall the old drivers that dont work upon each and every update i just found a setting to hopefully stop that...
  6. Conexant Audio Drivers

Conexant Audio Drivers: Still have bad Mic audio with Windows 10. Have Conexant put out new driver yet. Tried Windows 8.1 and still bad. Asus X450 Laptop 64 bit. Thanks Roger 18502
  7. Conexant Smart Audio

Conexant Smart Audio: Have Windows 10 on my Laptop. All working except bad Mic audio. All worked fine on Windows 8.1. Any help please ? Thanks Roger 15249
  8. Restore Missing Stereo Mix - Conexant Smart Audio HD

Restore Missing Stereo Mix - Conexant Smart Audio HD: I'm working with a Toshiba C55-C laptop and trying to get the Stereo Mix to work as a recording device. It does not show up in Sound > Recording, even with both "Show" boxes checked. I have tried different drivers from the Toshiba website. No change. I understand there...
  9. Conexant Audio w/Headphones

Conexant Audio w/Headphones: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop using Windows 10. Conexant SmartAudio HD is working with my laptop speakers but not my headphones. I have tried, in order: -Right-click sound icon -> troubleshoot sound problems -Right-click sound icon -> Playback devices -> ?? (no...
  10. Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?

Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?: anyone have one that works? 7690