Windows 10: Conexant issue: Registry mod to PERMANENTLY set memory bound 4096?

Discus and support Conexant issue: Registry mod to PERMANENTLY set memory bound 4096? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have an old HP CQ60 with unfortunate Conexant audio ic, and it suffers from having the audio incorrectly addressed in Windows 10. The workaround that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Oct 14, 2019.

1. cognus Win User

Conexant issue: Registry mod to PERMANENTLY set memory bound 4096?

i have an old HP CQ60 with unfortunate Conexant audio ic, and it suffers from having the audio incorrectly addressed in Windows 10. The workaround that 'works' for awhile is to use msconfig.exe to set the memory limit [boot option] to 4096. Unfortunately, one cannot tell whether the setting is "on" or "off"; set or not set, because msconfig.exe ALWAYS shows that number as 0 immediately after you mess with it. Hence, it may be "set" manually, but on display, after closing and reopening under any circumstance, it will show 0. So, you won't know if audio is working except by trying it.

Windows update will clobber this workaround. For a total non-technical person who unreasonably "just wants it to work", all this is a deterrent. Is there a way to permanently set a workaround in the registry that will NOT get clobbered by windows update?

thank you for the help
    c

:)

cognus, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Heyyuu Win User

How can I permanently uninstall Conexant SmartAudio HD audio driver

It's not work. I have done this

1. download and run the program you suggested.

Conexant driver is not on the list (select to hide)

2. uninstall Conexant driver

High Definition Audio Device is in used now

3. run program again

Conexant driver still not on the list (select to hide)

4. restart my laptop

High Definition Audio Device still in used.

5. run program again

Conexant driver is on the list (select to hide)

6. Select Conexant and Hide it

Conexant driver is now in hidden list

7. a few minutes later my laptop notify me to restart my laptop to finished setting up Conexant

Conexant driver is now disappear from the hidden list and take over my sound device again.

8. cry so hard

Heyyuu, Oct 14, 2019
  3. ValeriaGC Win User
    no sound for Conexant Pebble High Definition Smart Audio

The solution is:

"A problem with Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly. While this is being investigated, Microsoft suggests running msconfig.exe and heading to the
    Boot tab. Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box and set the value to 4096."

It worked perfectly fine for me, after days and days fighting with this problem.

ValeriaGC, Oct 14, 2019
  4. ValeriaGC Win User

no sound for Conexant Pebble High Definition Smart Audio

The solution comes from this quote:

"A problem with Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly. While this is being investigated, Microsoft suggests running msconfig.exe and heading to the
    Boot tab. Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box and set the value to 4096."

It worked perfectly fine for me, after days and days fighting with this problem.

ValeriaGC, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Conexant issue: Registry mod to PERMANENTLY set memory bound 4096? - Similar Threads - Conexant issue Registry

2. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  3. How to Permanently Set Priority Processes Using Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Permanently Set Priority Processes Using Registry Editor: You can set the priority of a program you want to run using Regedit but unfortunately, it is not possible to do the same to set affinity as in most cases, you don't need to change the processor affinity unless for an older application or game that doesn't support...
  4. How to Permanently Set Priority Processes Using Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Permanently Set Priority Processes Using Registry Editor: You can set the priority of a program you want to run using Regedit but unfortunately, it is not possible to do the same to set affinity as in most cases, you don't need to change the processor affinity unless for an older application or game that doesn't support...
  5. How to Permanently Set Priority Processes Using Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. conexant

in Windows 10 Customization
    conexant: unable to connect to the Conexant audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant/8407e1b3-60e7-401b-ba78-bc65473f7cc7
  7. "registry" process permanently writes to disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "registry" process permanently writes to disk: I noticed for some time, that I have a process called "Registry" in Task Manager which randomly uses 0.1-1% CPU usage. I dont have this process running on my Desktop or tablet, just my laptop. I opened MS Process Monitor, filtered the name and disk usage and this showed up:...
  8. conexant smartaudio hd can i remove it permanently ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    conexant smartaudio hd can i remove it permanently ?: Yeah so conexant smartaudio hd kinda messes up the sounds specially in games the high definition audio device works way better for me I just need a way to make windows 10 stop installing it and permanently remove the conexant smartaudio hd Is there any fix for this ?...
  9. Conexant Audio Drivers

Conexant Audio Drivers: Still have bad Mic audio with Windows 10. Have Conexant put out new driver yet. Tried Windows 8.1 and still bad. Asus X450 Laptop 64 bit. Thanks Roger 18502
  10. Conexant CX20751 Windows 10 Audio Driver Microphone Issues

Conexant CX20751 Windows 10 Audio Driver Microphone Issues: I have a Lenovo Edge E440 laptop to which I have installed the latest Windows TP (10162). I have upgraded my audio drivers to the aforementioned CX20751, as Lenovo suggested this driver includes support for Windows 10. Upon installing this latest driver, I have come across...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Conexant Pebble registry tweak\