Windows 10: Conexant Pebble Beach old hardware - no sound, driver loaded ok.

Discus and support Conexant Pebble Beach old hardware - no sound, driver loaded ok. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; need help with an older hp/cpq laptop. Everything working amazingly well except sound. It shows everything loaded OK, but not a peep. no static, no bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Oct 6, 2019.

1. cognus Win User

Conexant Pebble Beach old hardware - no sound, driver loaded ok.

need help with an older hp/cpq laptop. Everything working amazingly well except sound. It shows everything loaded OK, but not a peep. no static, no bad sound, nothing but silence. I tried switching to stand "High Definition Sound Device" and that didn't work either [did work on a past Conexant problem I had, later fixed permanently via MS].
    This all worked well under Windows 7, so not a speaker problem.
    Images below. anyone have a suggestion?

:)

cognus, Oct 6, 2019
  2. GC2966 Win User

conexant pebble

My HP g60 with conexant pebble hd audio had sound until a couple of weeks ago. Today I swapped out the hard drive to a backup copy from December and had sound. When I restarted about noon today it applied updates and now no sound on this drive. It
    won't let me uninstall updates. Any ideas ?

GC2966, Oct 6, 2019
  3. conexant pebble

I did find this thread this morning.

Sound problems on Conexant SmartAudio HD driver

and i do recall the realtek sound driver used to be installed on my laptop. currently at work right now but when i get home i will try this suggestions. i will post if i succeed or not.

MarloneRaful, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Conexant Pebble Beach old hardware - no sound, driver loaded ok.

conexant pebble

I have an HP Laptop G60-637CL running Windows 10

Just restored to last working point again for 3rd time. Did notice the following in the device manager:

Under Device "Audio inputs and outputs" is 1 entry for speakers

-Conexant Pebble HD Smart Audio (MS provider, 7/15/2016, Ver 10.0.14393.0)

Under Device "Sound, video, game controllers" are 2 entries!

-Conexant Pebble HD Smart Audio (Conexant Provider,3/2/2010, Ver 4.98.60.50)

-High Definition Audio Device (MS provider, 7/15/2016, Ver 10.0.14393.0)

it also says Conexant is in Location 0, and HD Audio is in location 2.

I have no more h/w device updates set in system settings and I have no enhancements set, but I lose my sound on every MS Update thereafter.

I'm confused about the data about, so I'm sure MS is confused.

UPDATE: 1/28/2017

Now the update hit again. Built in speakers, ITunes, Window Media all fail to work. ITunes doesn't even pretend to play a song. Play meter stays in one place.

Most importantly: None of the device driver Versions have changed. This has to be some MS OS Software that interfaces to media devices!!!

BroncoMike, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Conexant Pebble Beach old hardware - no sound, driver loaded ok.

1. Conexant Pebble Beach old hardware - no sound, driver loaded ok. - Similar Threads - Conexant Pebble Beach

2. conexant driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    conexant driver: The message says: No Audio Output Device is installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-driver/0ff42815-5abb-46ba-a433-bb56c05f6458
  3. conexant driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    conexant driver: The message says: No Audio Output Device is installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-driver/0ff42815-5abb-46ba-a433-bb56c05f6458
  4. Conexant ISST driver deleted...now no sound whatsoever

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conexant ISST driver deleted...now no sound whatsoever: Hello,I have an older HP EliteBook that developed problems with the Conexant ISST audio system. I appreciate that Conexant went out of business in 2014, which was news to me when I began searching for a solution to this problemAfter hours of research, I deleted the driver.Now...
  5. No Sound Conexant "Pebble Beach" on winver 1903 build 18362

No Sound Conexant "Pebble Beach" on winver 1903 build 18362: I have an older HP/CPQ system running pretty well, surprisingly so, with Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362, except for the now-notorious Audio Device issues. I see another long thread here about the devices I am dealing with but just due to idosyncrasies of the way...
  6. conexant hd audio driver

conexant hd audio driver: i have conexant hd audio on my nv53 gateway laptop the only way to get sound on w10 is to use the generic driver why must microsoft continually at ever update reinstall the old drivers that dont work upon each and every update i just found a setting to hopefully stop that...
  7. Conexant Audio Drivers

Conexant Audio Drivers: Still have bad Mic audio with Windows 10. Have Conexant put out new driver yet. Tried Windows 8.1 and still bad. Asus X450 Laptop 64 bit. Thanks Roger 18502
  8. Windows 10 SOUND DRIVERS SOLUTION (CONEXANT)

Windows 10 SOUND DRIVERS SOLUTION (CONEXANT): Hello! Recently i had the problem of having no sound at all after updating to windows 10. I figured that i wasn't the only one with this problem. Solution: 1) Go to Computer Management > Device Manager. Go to v Audio -input and -output Press the arrow key . 2) you...
  9. Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?

Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?: I haven't had the new PC delivered yet, but am wondering if, as Vista drivers for gaming hardware tended to be OK in Win7, should they and/or Win7 drivers work in Win10? Thinking of things like Saitek X52, Belkin Nostromo N52.. I could of course post to the various...
  10. Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?

Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?: anyone have one that works? 7690