Windows 10: Config File to Enforce View Settings of a Folder

Discus and support Config File to Enforce View Settings of a Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all Can a configuration file (like .ini) be kept inside a folder to enforce the following settings of a folder: The Folder View (Including the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by koolestani, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Config File to Enforce View Settings of a Folder

Hi all

Can a configuration file (like .ini) be kept inside a folder to enforce the following settings of a folder:
    The Folder View (Including the default options or custom zoom levels between default options)
    Sort by settings (The actual order as well as Ascending/Descending)
    Group by settings
    Columns (Columns, Order of the columns, and Auto Fit all columns to On/Off [with width inpixels])

Thanks in advanced

:)

koolestani, Feb 3, 2021

2. Setting folder view

Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons.

Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903)

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've solved it. Set top-level folder to Large Icons then go to View/Options/Change... and click Apply to Folders. Then just change the top-level folder back to Details by right-clicking an empty space.

Taking this a step further, is it possible to have different file views in different folders i.e. all the files in Folder A are shown one way while the files in Folder B are shown another?

- - - Updated - -

dortmunder, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Feb 3, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

Config File to Enforce View Settings of a Folder

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Config File to Enforce View Settings of a Folder

1. Config File to Enforce View Settings of a Folder - Similar Threads - Config File Enforce

2. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  3. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  4. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  6. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  7. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders View Settings Are Not Saving: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  9. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  10. Issue with Folder View Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with Folder View Setting: Hello All, I have set the Folder View settings for my Win10 many times. But every time I restart the machine the settings were lost. Looks so strange. Please share your ideas to resolve. Thanks, Kannan...