Windows 10: Configuration of the metered connection features

Discus and support Configuration of the metered connection features in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi As a metered connection via Ethernet or via Hi-Fi disables or limits some features of Windows 10 Home v1607, it is possible to configure some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by balubeto, Aug 31, 2016.

1. balubeto Win User

Configuration of the metered connection features

Hi

As a metered connection via Ethernet or via Hi-Fi disables or limits some features of Windows 10 Home v1607, it is possible to configure some of this functionality so that they work in a standard way?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Aug 31, 2016

2. Metered Network?

A metered network is one that measures the amount of data you're using, so there's a data cap. Typically cell phone connections are configured as "metered" by default in Windows, but you can configure any internet connection to be treated as a metered connection.
    OneDrive does not handle metered connections settings on its own.

You can configure any internet connection to be metered or not by clicking on the internet icon in the notification area and click "Properties". The settings window will appear and you can toggle whether the internet connection is metered or not.

stanimal21, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 31, 2016
  5. balubeto Win User
    Having read this link, I deduced that a metered connections cause other effects as described in the paragraph "What Setting on Connection as Metered Does".

Now, I wanted to know if it is possible to configure each connection of this type avoiding the effects described by these points "Tiles may not update" and "Other apps may behave differently".

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Sep 1, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    I would direct you to an MS site such as technet.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Configuration of the metered connection features - Similar Threads - Configuration metered connection

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Capability of Windows Metered Connection Feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Capability of Windows Metered Connection Feature: HiIf I enable windows 10 metered connection on my Ethernet connection, can I be sure that it will record all the data consumption that passes through my Ethernet port?Is there any limitation on its capability to meter data traffic?Will it be able to meter data consumption on...
  4. Metered connection

Metered connection: My wifi says turn off metered connection but when i go to settings the wifi tab does not appear please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection/f3e9f6a8-62a2-41b4-955f-ff35086fb242
  5. Metered Connections

Metered Connections: How do I change my settings so I can connect to WI-FI? At the moment, it says I can only use an ethernet cord which is not an option. I have a ASUS Desktop running on Windows 10 PRO....
  6. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  7. Configure automatic updates and metered connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configure automatic updates and metered connection: I have my connection set as metered to give me more control over Windows updates. And from reading blog posts, Windows won't download feature updates when metered is on. However, it will download security updates which is what I want. Can I use group policy to configure...
  8. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  9. METERED CONNECTION

in Cortana
    METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  10. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...