Windows 10: Configuration Registry Corrupted!

Discus and support Configuration Registry Corrupted! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, so recently I had to download iTunes on my computer so I can put some music on my friend's iPod. I noticed when iTunes installed, it rolled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexFaucheux, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Configuration Registry Corrupted!

Hello, so recently I had to download iTunes on my computer so I can put some music on my friend's iPod. I noticed when iTunes installed, it rolled back the installation of AMS (Apple Mobile Support) driver. Because of this, I was not able to connect said iPod to my computer. Anyhow, I found the driver and tried to install it manually, only to give me the error message "Installation Failed: Configuration Registry Corrupted". That rose a red flag, so I ran registry cleanups and sfc, which neither found any issues with the registry. But the issue is not longer just the iPod, it is any USB drive connected. When I connect my SanDisk Ultra USB drive, I am given a prompt that it is ready to use, but it is not listed with the other devices preventing me from accessing it. Disk management does not even list the drive as a possible mount, and under device management, it tells me that no driver is installed for the drive. So I tell it to update the drive. Once my computer restarts, I try to access my USB drive, only to find out that I am no further than I was earlier: Still not listed with the other drives, still not listed in disk management, and still has the error symbol in device management. So, I decided to connect another USB drive, and it still had the exact same result. With both connected to my computer, neither showed up as accessible, and both had error symbol in device management.

PS. The exact same result happens with the iPod device. Not listed with the other devices, not listed in disk management, and when I try to update the drive for it, it tells me that AMS needs to be installed before the iPod driver is installed, which AMS refuses to install. The drivers for the other USB's claims to install correctly and restarts my computer, but it does nothing to change the outcome.

If anyone could help me, that would be great!

Additional info in case needed:

Computer make/model: HP Pavilion dv7

If you need computer specs, I can list them but I don't know why you would need them

:)

AlexFaucheux, Aug 18, 2018

2. The configuration registry database is corrupt.

Upgraded to newer build of Windows 10. Printers didn't make the upgrade. Can't install printers. Event viewer reports numerous services having problems because the configuration registry database is corrupt. How do I fix this kettle of stinking fish?

Hal 9000 (HB), Aug 18, 2018
  3. Corrupted registry

Hi,

Your concern occurs due to some corruption on your system files. We suggest that you try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To perform this, follow the steps on this link.
    Steps mentioned on the link for Windows 8 and 8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Run DISM commands.

Follow the steps below on how to run the DISM commands:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

• In the Command Prompt, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command.

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Justin Emb, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Frogger Win User

Configuration Registry Corrupted!

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Configuration Registry Corrupted!

1. Configuration Registry Corrupted! - Similar Threads - Configuration Registry Corrupted

2. THE CONFIGURATION REGISTRY DATABASE IS CORRUPT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    THE CONFIGURATION REGISTRY DATABASE IS CORRUPT: [ATTACH]Tried SFC and DISM but didn't work out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-configuration-registry-database-is-corrupt/b43a8f99-3543-49a5-be81-52e4bcf595c3
  3. configuration registry database is corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    configuration registry database is corrupt: it says configuration registry database is corrupt and I cannot use Word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configuration-registry-database-is-corrupt/d7b52c8d-58b3-4580-b8df-fac6e51ee541
  4. The Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt

The Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt: After the last windows update my video card stopped working correctly. The second monitor I'm using stopped working, and the main monitor is using a reduced resolution. I tried to reinstall the drivers, but get the error message "The Configuration Registry Database is...
  5. "The configuration registry database is corrupt"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "The configuration registry database is corrupt": So I tried installing a Voice Changer drive manually since it wasn't possible to do it automatically, and when i went into the Device Manager and tried to add a legacy hardware into the Sound, video and game controllers everything went good, but when it was supposed to add it...
  6. Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt

Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt: Please help me resolve this issue. Every time I open a Word Or PPt file it says that the configuration registry database is corrupt. I panicked because I thought the files are lost but they work on other PCs if I transfer them through a USB. I tried going to FAQs and...
  7. The configuration registry database is corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The configuration registry database is corrupt: My USB recently died and I had to recover all my old files which were mostly Word docs in Windows 7. The recovered Word docs now will not open in Windows 10 Pro and I get the above message when trying to open? Any suggestions on how to open them in Windows 10 Pro?...
  8. 'the configuration registry database is corrupt'

'the configuration registry database is corrupt': Hello, I am unable to open any of my Microsoft Office apps (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel). When I do try to open, for example for Microsoft Word, a message appears reading: The configuration registry database is corrupt When I try to open Microsoft...
  9. Configuration database registry is corrupt.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Configuration database registry is corrupt.: Running into the "The configuration database registry is corrupt." error while trying to install drivers for a new USB audio interface I've just purchased. I've tried using a registry cleaner and sfc/ scannow, the latter came back with no integrity violations....
  10. Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Configuration Registry Database is Corrupt: Windows 10 updates including KB3124262 fail when accompanied by updates to AMD ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 and HP w2338h monitor updates. I have the home edition and I have seen other threads indicating there is no way to selectively update with that version. The KB3124262 update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the configuration registry data is corrupt for pptx

2. windows 10 configuration registry corrupt fix

3. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

4. configuration registry database corrupt fix,
  5. dism configuration registry database is corrupt