Windows 10: Configuration system failed to initialize, could not open settings

Discus and support Configuration system failed to initialize, could not open settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A while ago, my pc started to display a message saying the configuration system failed to initialize every time I open it. After this message started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FranzBautista, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Configuration system failed to initialize, could not open settings

A while ago, my pc started to display a message saying the configuration system failed to initialize every time I open it. After this message started popping up, I couldn't open my settings. I'd try to open it and it would start to open, but after a while it would stop from running.

:)

FranzBautista, Feb 21, 2019

2. Configuration system failed to initialize

Hi Dave,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why a Windows 10 system service is not loading correctly. This could be caused by a recent update or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up since you mentioned that the configuration system failed to initialize?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Greg Carmack - MVP, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Configuration system failed to initialize, could not open settings

Configuration system failed to initialize

How to fix configuration system failed to initialize when the the computer was turned on every time.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Power on or off a device

dave2000us, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Configuration system failed to initialize, could not open settings

1. Configuration system failed to initialize, could not open settings - Similar Threads - Configuration system failed

2. System configuration failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System configuration failed to initialize: Hello I just want to ask if how to handle this problem on application , when entering the application there will a sudden message will pop-out. This is " Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue. The application will ignore this error and...
  3. System configuration failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System configuration failed to initialize: Hello I just want to ask if how to handle this problem on application , when entering the application there will a sudden message will pop-out. This is " Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue. The application will ignore this error and...
  4. Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration,...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration,...: C:¥$WINDOWS.~BT¥NewOS¥WINDOWS¥system32> During an update overnight, we had a power outage at home, when attempting to start up my PC again, I am stuck in a loop of: Install Windows Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration,...
  5. Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration,...: C:¥$WINDOWS.~BT¥NewOS¥WINDOWS¥system32> During an update overnight, we had a power outage at home, when attempting to start up my PC again, I am stuck in a loop of: Install Windows Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration,...
  6. Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration,...: During an update overnight, we had a power outage at home, when attempting to start up my PC again, I am stuck in a loop of: Install Windows Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attemot to resume configuration, restart the computer. I tried a fix of...
  7. Windows could not finish configuring the system

in Windows 10 News
    Windows could not finish configuring the system: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]While installing or settingup various editions and versions of Windows operating systems, the computer is prone to be throwing various errors. One such error is Windows could not finish configuring the system error. The full error is- Windows could not [...]...
  8. Configuration system failed to initialize

Configuration system failed to initialize: When i turned on my laptop message would appear; Another instance is running. Configuration system failed to initialize. I don't know if it has anything to do with this but this message started showing up after ive rebooted my laptop because my brightness feature wasn't...
  9. Another Instance is Running-Configuration System Failed to Initialize

Another Instance is Running-Configuration System Failed to Initialize: I and getting this whenever I start my laptop. I tried doing the sfc /scannow but it came out saying there were no problems. What else can I do?...
  10. Configuration System Failed to Initialize

Configuration System Failed to Initialize: After downloading to latest Windows 10 Upgrade Releasea few weeks ago, I get this message: "Configuration System Failed to Initialize". It won't go away. Someone in the Windows Community suggested a "Clean Boot" of the computer. I am very concerned that if I do a clean...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could not open settings

2. The popup Configuration System failed to inialize will not go away