Windows 10: configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet

Discus and support configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI, I am a newb to the forum this is my first post. My network topology is Comcast Modem>Switch>Wireless Access Point My Win 10 Desktop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dirtfarmer7, Feb 2, 2019.

1. configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet

HI, I am a newb to the forum this is my first post.

My network topology is Comcast Modem>Switch>Wireless Access Point

My Win 10 Desktop is connected to the switch for Internet Access.

The network printer is connected to the Wireless access point.

I would like to keep using the wired Ethernet adapter to access the internet as it has 20% faster download speeds and use the WIFI adapter to connect to printer. However, when I connect to the WIFI connection, Windows 10 defaults the internet connection to the WIFI adapter. Note the WIFI and Ethernet adapters are both connected at this point.

I see that users used to be able to configure this setting by going to ControlPanel>NetworkandInternet>NetworkConnections>Ctrl>Advanced. This destination no longer allows user to assign preference to internet connection order.
    configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet [​IMG]

configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet [​IMG]

:)

dirtfarmer7, Feb 2, 2019
  2. matake Win User

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, Feb 2, 2019
  3. RopanIPGI Win User
    Ethernet 'LAN' Network

Hi there,

Why I cannot reach (connect) the LAN while is offline from internet (limited access to internet).

I can only access the LAN when there is internet access.

My colleague's PC can get in to the network (they use wifi with or without internet access)

I tried to use the same Wifi, none.

I off my firewall, none

I on my network discovery, none

i diagnose the network, none ( It says: "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP config)

the only way i can use the network is go reset the router with da*n complicated procedure with a management where I work.

I hate this procedures ( need meet some higher management to make approval and sign some paper that i need to enter the server room where the router installed).

I want to use the LaN or wifi even though without internet.

I am using W10.

Thanks for your support.

RopanIPGI, Feb 2, 2019
  4. configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet

Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet

1. configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet - Similar Threads - configure network WIFI

2. Networking LAN Issue "Ethernet does'nt have valid ip configuration"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking LAN Issue "Ethernet does'nt have valid ip configuration": I have an Tplink AX1500, it is IPV6 capable. Been working 3 years My Desktop PC is :IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67 GHz 32.0 GBSo I purchased a CAT6 cable and connected it to my router. I couldn't access the internet.So I went into Tether, the app provided by Tplink....
  3. Networking LAN Issue "Ethernet does'nt have valid ip configuration"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networking LAN Issue "Ethernet does'nt have valid ip configuration": I have an Tplink AX1500, it is IPV6 capable. Been working 3 years My Desktop PC is :IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67 GHz 32.0 GBSo I purchased a CAT6 cable and connected it to my router. I couldn't access the internet.So I went into Tether, the app provided by Tplink....
  4. Networking LAN Issue "Ethernet does'nt have valid ip configuration"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connect to Internet using LAN NIC, but print using WIFI NIC

Connect to Internet using LAN NIC, but print using WIFI NIC: I have a interesting situation. We work in a large building where I lease a smaller office space. Internet is provided to all of my 4 employees but we are not connected on one "Private" network . (The building provides internet thru wired NIC). So we are unable to share...
  6. Connect to Internet over LAN, but print to Wifi Printer

Connect to Internet over LAN, but print to Wifi Printer: I have a interesting situation. We work in a large building where I lease a smaller office space. Internet is provided to all of my 4 employees but we are not connected on one "Private" network . The building provides internet thru wired NIC. So we are unable to share...
  7. Ethernet LAN network

Ethernet LAN network: On a daily basis I never know what to expect from my so called "simple 2 PC network". There is nothing simple about having a great connection one day, then the next day it says "Windows cannot access ... (the other computer)". It seems like I spend more time investigating...
  8. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...
  9. Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi

Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi: Before I bring this computer in, I'll try one last shot with posting on forums rather than just reading them. I've tried just about everything I can think of to google, and coming to those more literate in hopes that I've missed something in my travels. Though I've tried...
  10. configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private: Hello, I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network. I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't. Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to...