Windows 10: Configure Outlook 2010 for Outlook.com address

Discus and support Configure Outlook 2010 for Outlook.com address in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am following instructions on line to make my Outlook.com address work in my newly re-installed Outlook 2010. This is what I was instructed to put:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tspnyc, Jan 15, 2019.

1. tspnyc Win User

Configure Outlook 2010 for Outlook.com address

I am following instructions on line to make my Outlook.com address work in my newly re-installed Outlook 2010.

This is what I was instructed to put:

Account Type: IMAP
    Incoming Mail Server: imap-mail.outlook.com
    Outgoing Mail Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com

Username: (I put the same name that appears in my @Outlook.com address)
    Password: (I put the password I use to log in via a browser.)

Test Account Settings is NEGATIVE for both sending and receiving.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

:)

tspnyc, Jan 15, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
  3. xbonez Win User
    xbonez, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Configure Outlook 2010 for Outlook.com address

WhiteLotus, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Configure Outlook 2010 for Outlook.com address

1. Configure Outlook 2010 for Outlook.com address - Similar Threads - Configure Outlook 2010

2. Office 365 and Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 and Outlook 2010: I recently purchased 365 Home for 1 user- multiple devices. When installed on first PC I was no longer able to open Outlook 2010. Dialog said unable to find data file. Contacted MS office support and a great tech helped me get outlook organized on 365 so I had all email...
  3. My Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Outlook 2010: Can't log into my AT&T email account. Error code states the log on info is incorrect. It has happened before and the only way to fix it is to complete out and reload software. When re-installed it opens my receive file and dumps 3000+ emails that have been previously been...
  4. Microsoft Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook 2010: Hi, Everytime I click on a link in an email I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to due to restriction in effect on this computer. pleas e contact your administrator" The only administrator is me as this is a home laptop. I have tried...
  5. Outlook 2010 will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2010 will not open: I get the following error message: "Cannot open your default email folders. Outlook cannot start because a data file to send and recieve message cannot be found. Check your settings in this Microsoft Outlook profile. In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then...
  6. Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses?: I have several IMAP accounts setup in Outlook 2010. Autocomplete for frequently used email addresses on creating a new message has been working fine. Two days ago, I set up a new Outlook email account using the new account wizard. This successfully configured a new Microsoft...
  7. Outlook 2010 Random Crashing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 Random Crashing: Outlook 2010 keep crashing on average about once a day giving the enclosed error report. I've repaired the installation but the problem continues. Any ideas what may be the cause? Outlook.txt 54642
  8. Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts

Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts: I've followed the MS advice shown at:- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ook-in-outlook I still can't get my contacts to show in the Address Book. All worked fine until I had to do a complete system recovery! All advice gratefully received. 103874
  9. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659
  10. Office 2010 Migration - Outlook

Office 2010 Migration - Outlook: Whilst my office suite (2010) seems to have migrated well, has anyone had any issues with sending mail from Outlook. I have a exchange server account in Outlook which works fine, however I also have a BT Internet (Yahoo version) pop 3 account, which is set to the correct...