Windows 10: Configure UEFI Hard Disc

Discus and support Configure UEFI Hard Disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi to all, I have to reconfigure my hard disc to allow for UEFI booting after a clean installation. Is this all I have to do: 1) Convert MBR to GPT.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TroubleShot, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Configure UEFI Hard Disc

Hi to all,

I have to reconfigure my hard disc to allow for UEFI booting after a clean installation. Is this all I have to do:

1) Convert MBR to GPT.

2) Add another partition, System as Fat32.

3) Put BCDBoot on this new system partition.

The basic current disc layout is (i) System, (ii) MSR, (iii) Windows and (iv) Recovery (- Microsoft).

At the moment there are 3 partitions. 2 primary - one as windows/C: and one as system reserve - and 1 recovery.

So following this basic disc layout. The HD already has MSR, Windows/C: and Recovery and so only needs the system partition.

Is this that there is all to the process of configuring a UEFI hard disc? There is not much about this.

Good to hear from someone who done this.

:)

TroubleShot, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Configuring BIOS in readiness for a switch to UEFI

Hi. I'm thinking of doing a clean install using UEFI. I've only ever had BIOS before and a snap of it is attached. In the section called Boot Device Control, it seems logical that I would set it to 'UEFI only' but perhaps there's a reason to choose 'UEFI and Legacy OPROM' – which would you suggest?

Also, because my Media Creation Tool is on a USB stick, I presume I have to configure the section called Boot from Storage Devices? If so, is it 'UEFI driver first' or the 'dual' option?

Many thanks.

Configure UEFI Hard Disc [​IMG]

dortmunder, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Configure UEFI Hard Disc

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Configure UEFI Hard Disc

1. Configure UEFI Hard Disc - Similar Threads - Configure UEFI Hard

2. Bios - uefi system configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios - uefi system configuration: I can't open system configuration after getting into bios management. There seems to be no option of system configuration or of action keys. It only shows system information and option to run some tests.My purpose to get in bios is to disable the Fn key .Please use the...
  3. Bios - uefi system configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios - uefi system configuration: I can't open system configuration after getting into bios management. There seems to be no option of system configuration or of action keys. It only shows system information and option to run some tests.My purpose to get in bios is to disable the Fn key .Please use the...
  4. Bios - uefi system configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Formatting a hard disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting a hard disc: How to format a Widows XP hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-disc/ac8f0d00-337d-45ba-9b1a-6ea0796dbaca
  6. Formatting a hard disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting a hard disc: How to format a Widows XP hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-disc/ac8f0d00-337d-45ba-9b1a-6ea0796dbaca
  7. UEFI configured but won't start

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI configured but won't start: HP Model23q150z AMD A8-7410 APU 8GB Ram Win 10 64 bit Pro Win Version 21H1 System Firmware error code 10 while my desktop started I was having trouble updating drivers and graphics card. I ran every diagnostic tool HP provides and nothing fixed the problem. I reset My PC...
  8. UEFI BIOS configuration issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI BIOS configuration issue: So recently, I have downloaded a .exe file and after both running it and restarting my pc, I lost both keyboard and mouse functionality. This was in UEFI with safe boot on, and when I switched to safe boot off, my pc worked again. I am curious, is there a way to fix the...
  9. hard disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disc: i bought a windows 10 machine and hadon C:Drive 117 gb of hard drive, i also have an extra on new Volume of E:Drive 1.36 TB my Question is i am running out on my C:Drive, HOW DO I GET TO USE THE E:Drive which holds 1.36 TB. i can not get to it as it will not let me get in...
  10. Hard disc drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disc drive: how do I access this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disc-drive/c22b4328-29eb-4520-8d3c-b63f5b5a27e7"