Windows 10: Configure Update Policies

Discus and support Configure Update Policies in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update displays this message *Some settings are managed by your organisation View configured update policies I have Windows 10 Home & am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andy&Lee, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Andy&Lee Win User

Configure Update Policies

Windows Update displays this message

*Some settings are managed by your organisation

View configured update policies

I have Windows 10 Home & am not enrolled in Windows Insider Programme

Policies set by : Mobile Device Management - and these links to info

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-wu-settings

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/client-management/mdm/device-update-management

I have googled Group policy editor for windows 10 but it is not installed with home only in pro or enterprise editions

some websites offer a download to enable it in home edition but there is risk of compromise my device security.

is there a Microsoft download link for the tool I require?

:)

Andy&Lee, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 error: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator"

Hi Rico,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which edition of Windows Operating System are you using?
    • What all the troubleshooting steps have you performed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your Operating System?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your system?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Stop the Group Policy service, restart and set it to Automatic.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service
    is disabled the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2018
  4. fdegrove Win User

Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?

Hi,

Had the same issue on a number of occasions. This is what solved it for me:

Steps to fix 'Some settings are managed by your organization' message in Windows 10
    Make sure you have administrator rights and follow the steps below:

Step 1: Launch Run prompt by right clicking the Windows Start menu icon. Type in gpedit.msc and click OK or Enter.
    Step 2: In Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    Step 3: Find the Allow Telemetry item and double-click it to edit the policies.
    Step 4: Change the setting to Enabled. Change the drop-down menu entry to 3-Full and click Apply.
    Step 5: Now open the item again and change its Setting to Not configured and hit the Save button.
    The message should no longer stop you from accessing various system settings in Windows 10.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Configure Update Policies - Similar Threads - Configure Update Policies

2. Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue: Hello,I am having an odd issue with viewing a machine's local audit policy after it has received policy from endpoint.microsoft.com.This will work better by providing an example.... I have the following policy settings which are being deployed with a "Success" status in...
  3. Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue: Hello,I am having an odd issue with viewing a machine's local audit policy after it has received policy from endpoint.microsoft.com.This will work better by providing an example.... I have the following policy settings which are being deployed with a "Success" status in...
  4. Endpoint Configuration Audit Policy Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter: PersonalCan you help me?I would like to know the possibility of deploying patches on windows 2019 datacenter machines, but I would like it not to restart. Do you know if there is a GPO?...
  6. Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter: PersonalCan you help me?I would like to know the possibility of deploying patches on windows 2019 datacenter machines, but I would like it not to restart. Do you know if there is a GPO?...
  7. WSUS policy configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSUS policy configuration: Hello guys... I have a scenario where all the devices from a domain abcde.com are failing when trying to execute the "Check for Updates" button. I reviewed the WindowsUpdate.log and i discover that the device is pointing to a server http://172.16.15.17:8530 , so i verified...
  8. Configured update policies all of a sudden on Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configured update policies all of a sudden on Windows 10 2004: All of a sudden when going into Windows Update settings, it says update policies are in place as shown below. [ATTACH] Problem is we didn't implement update policies. It just started showing up on its own. The policies are preventing automatic updates. Its only...
  9. Need help with configured update policies.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with configured update policies.: So, I was logging into Microsoft 365 and I guess I ended up letting it take control of my policies, I am not to sure why I clicked it, but I did, dumb move on my part. After doing this it updated automatically without any notification. When I go to update and security it says...
  10. View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10: How to: View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 How to View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 When you see red (light theme) or yellow (dark theme) "Some settings are managed by your organization" text displayed on Windows Update, it typically means a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. configure update policies