Windows 10: Configure Win 10 Mail account from scratch

Discus and support Configure Win 10 Mail account from scratch in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I cannot configure my email account because the "other account" option only asks for my mail address and password. I need to get in to configure the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by NIRC, Dec 17, 2017.

1. NIRC Win User

Configure Win 10 Mail account from scratch

I cannot configure my email account because the "other account" option only asks for my mail address and password. I need to get in to configure the settings but there is no option. I do not have Outlook, Exchange, or the other options, just my university account for which I have all the necessary information to configure.
    Any ideas?

:)

2. mlg63 Win User

i need someone from microsoft to help me with an issue with windows live mail

Windows Live Mail is from 2012 and is obsolete. Use Outlook.com mail instead. Open the Win 10 Mail App and setup your current email account or configure a new Outlook.com email.

mlg63, Dec 17, 2017
  3. cannot login

1. Are you able to access the msn e-mail account from any browser?

No, Ive tried Firefox, Edge, and IE. No luck

[*]2. What happens when you try to access the msn e-mail account?
    [*]I tried to configure the e-mail that comes with win 10 and could add my gmail and yahoo accounts, but not my msn account. Gave me the message: "this address is part of a reserved domain" It wouldn't even let me add it to the account list. I was receiving
    mail from that account up until 12/18/2015 on my android phone with outlook installed
    [*]
    3. Do you see any error message?
    The one above in e-mail, and logging into my computer (Win 10) I get a message: (this account does not exist use another account or create a new one) I had to create a outlook account just to get into win 10.

EdStoddard, Dec 17, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

I assume you have opened Windows Mail...clicked on Accounts....under Manage Accounts click Add Account, then clicked on newly created account (under manage accounts)....a settings box should appear.

dencal, Dec 17, 2017
  5. NIRC Win User
    Yes. As I wrote, that is exactly what I did. But there is no way to manually configure my account with Mail. I do not have any account with any of the options, and when I chose "Other account, IMAP, POP", I am not asked for any of the details regarding the server.

6. dencal Win User
    Do you not get the following attachment?

dencal, Dec 18, 2017
  7. NIRC Win User
    This is exactly what I do. But when I sign in with the name of my university account and its password (or with my Windows account name and password), I get the message "we couldn't find your settings." I am currently using Live Mail 2012, by the way.

8. dencal Win User

It would have helped if you had mentioned earlier that you are trying to use "Live Mail 2012"....this being part of the Windows Essential package.
    This I believe is no longer supported by M$.

Suggest you try the current built in Windows Mail app....all setup instructions are in my previous posts....hope that helps.

dencal, Dec 18, 2017
  9. NIRC Win User
    I think we are miscommunicating, but I appreciate your offer to help... Getting rid of LiveMail 2012 is just what I have been trying to do from the start. But, as I wrote, I cannot get into the Win 10 Mail program to configure it. I choose the option you selected, type in the data, and the password (I tried my current mail password used with my current server, and tried my Microsoft Windows password)--but I only get the error message: "we couldn't find your settings."

10. dencal Win User
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...mail-uninstall

dencal, Dec 19, 2017
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey NIRC,
    In Windows 10 Mail App, when you add account and the pop up window (add account) shows. You should be able to scroll all the way to bottom and choose Advanced Setup.

Eagle51, Dec 19, 2017
  12. Br0die Win User
    When you get to the choose account page and the Other choice is at the bottom scroll up and you will see a Advanced setup option. I believe this is what you're looking for.

Sorry I see someone beat me to it and I don't know how to delete this post.

Br0die, Dec 19, 2017
  13. NIRC Win User

I eventually found the link I needed (the slimmed-down vertical scroll bar Windows has added slipped my attention). However, I have tried every possible combination of registering and none of them work. When I am asked for my "account name" and "password," is this for my Microsoft account or for my account with the University? I really cannot figure this out and would appreciate any help. I could not find a step-by-step manual on Microsoft's site for using Mail for a non-Microsoft server.

14. Helmut Win User
    Try and find out more details of your University Account, likely to be Exchange, Other Account or Advanced setup. Could be one of the others as they can provide Email services to organisations etc.
    It's the University Account details you enter not MS.

It can think about it for some time, and also you may have to try more than once. This is the case for one of my Mail Accounts which is quite old and not a common Email provider.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Configure Win 10 Mail account from scratch - Similar Threads - Configure Mail account

2. Windows 10 Clean Install from Scratch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Clean Install from Scratch: Hi there, I have windows 10 home single language laptop. For the last 6 month it really became too slow to work. So I have decided to reset this pc.This is my pc and it's processor.I have backed up my data to another pc. so data loss problem. I want it to be simply delete...
  3. Windows 10 Clean Install from Scratch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Clean Install from Scratch: Hi there, I have windows 10 home single language laptop. For the last 6 month it really became too slow to work. So I have decided to reset this pc.This is my pc and it's processor.I have backed up my data to another pc. so data loss problem. I want it to be simply delete...
  4. Windows 10 Clean Install from Scratch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 Mail App setup/configuration issue

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail App setup/configuration issue: Win 10 x64 V1903 b18362.1082 + upgrade to .2004 (Background: Windows Live Mail got corrupted by the recent 2004 upgrade since fixed with help of this board). As an option though, I looked at using the Win 10 Mail App instead and thats what my question is about. I...
  6. Email account from company in Win 10, NOT IN Mail App in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email account from company in Win 10, NOT IN Mail App in Win 10: I stopped using the Mail App a very long time ago and have NO accounts set up in it. The is an account that is set up in Windows 10 Settings and I can't get rid of it....
  7. Registry from scratch

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry from scratch: Hi there guys. I've been tweaking and modifying the Windows registry for years now. Usually I use google to search for what I want, I also use programs like regshot to monitor changes to the registry as I change settings. One thing I wish to learn though is how do people...
  8. windows 10 reinstall from scratch

windows 10 reinstall from scratch: I need to reinstall windows 10 from scratch. My current windows 10 was upgraded from the original windows 7 that the laptop came with. Would I need a digital key to be able to reinstall?...
  9. How configure a gmail account in windows mail

How configure a gmail account in windows mail: how do i configure a gmail account in windows mail ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-configure-a-gmail-account-in-windows-mail/d8e01361-cfeb-4e74-a01d-7100b7fd0dd7
  10. Win 7 from scratch before Win10 upgrade?

Win 7 from scratch before Win10 upgrade?: Been a long time 5+ years since I reloaded windows. Is it better to reload it and go to Win10 or Just go to Win 10 and hope for the best.... Only problem is the browsers are running a little slow and have to be restarted Gary 45754