Windows 10: Configure Windows 10 RAID 5 for recovery

Discus and support Configure Windows 10 RAID 5 for recovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Lacie 5Big NAS with RAID 5. I can't turn on the Lacie 5Big because of the power supply problem. Using multiple USB to SATA hard drive docking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chicagotech, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Configure Windows 10 RAID 5 for recovery

I have Lacie 5Big NAS with RAID 5. I can't turn on the Lacie 5Big because of the power supply problem. Using multiple USB to SATA hard drive docking stations, I can see all hard drives without any errors. However, I can't open any files. Can I use Windows 10 RAID to rebuild the RAID 5 and access files? If so, how do you do it? If not, do you recommend any software to do so?

:)

chicagotech, Feb 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 Upgrade and Raid 5 configuration

I also attempted the Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessfully with an Intel Raid 5 configuration. The Raid reported a hard drive failure during the first reboot. The upgrade appeared to complete in a about 6 hours, with the new desktop displaying. But after the
    first shut down and restart, the OS will not boot up. It is interesting Microsoft actually called me during the upgrade process, because I was sending them errors. Once I told the caller, I was having Raid problems, he said he would have to call me back.......

After I booted from a Win 10 disc, I found the C drive had failed and the degraded Raid 5 is now on E. I can see all my files but the OS will not boot from E drive. It expects to boot from C, which is bad. The contents of C and E drive are what is left
    of my Raid 5.

Can anyone recommend a solution?

Terry F Copeland, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade and Raid 5 configuration

When I upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 from the download, will it properly configure the Raid 5 striping? Or, will it require a clean install? If it requires a clean install, how do I acquire the program to clean install Win 10

TerenceBrinkman, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Configure Windows 10 RAID 5 for recovery

Windows 10 Upgrade and Raid 5 configuration

Let's face it. Microsoft has always treated desktop users with real applications as second class citizens. This has especially applied to anything "RAID", especially RAID 5s that are required by applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro Creative Cloud, among
    others. It is funny that I have been pounded to do an upgrade by messages within my current Windows 7 configuration, but after seeing this thread and hearing the word on the street, my chances of allowing the upgrade to proceed are slim to none. And "do a
    backup" is a lame excuse. Most of us do that as SOP.

Windows 10 is no different than any other previous Windows release. One must not assume that anything other than basic browsing will work after an upgrade, let alone a RAID 5 or other advanced storage configuration. I would even be very careful with any
    system with SSD's as either the OS or data drives as well.

C'mon Microsoft gurus. We are in the 21st century. Stop treating us like cavemen and fix these things BEFORE you release the product.

Na-PaliUSA.com, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Configure Windows 10 RAID 5 for recovery

1. Configure Windows 10 RAID 5 for recovery - Similar Threads - Configure RAID recovery

2. Need help Configuring RAID on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help Configuring RAID on Windows 11: I have Windows 11 installed on SSD.And 1TB HDD that has all my data.I want to create RAID on another 1TB HDDonly for Data and not OS which is on SSD.I am not a technical personbut with what I have read I have to use RAID 1.Still confused about Pool Storageand Where I can...
  3. Need help Configuring RAID on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help Configuring RAID on Windows 11: I have Windows 11 installed on SSD.And 1TB HDD that has all my data.I want to create RAID on another 1TB HDDonly for Data and not OS which is on SSD.I am not a technical personbut with what I have read I have to use RAID 1.Still confused about Pool Storageand Where I can...
  4. Confused About Raid 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Confused About Raid 5: Using the Raid Calculator, with 5 drives at 4tb each, I should be getting 16TB of storage, however when I create the raid in windows, it's creating a storage pool of 18.1tb and a maximum storage space of 12.1tb. Make it make sense. :...
  5. Confused About Raid 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused About Raid 5: Using the Raid Calculator, with 5 drives at 4tb each, I should be getting 16TB of storage, however when I create the raid in windows, it's creating a storage pool of 18.1tb and a maximum storage space of 12.1tb. Make it make sense. :...
  6. Confused About Raid 5

7. RAID 5 Across Hard Drives

RAID 5 Across Hard Drives: Hello,I am building a NAS and I have 1x 8TB HHD and 3x 3TB HHD. Can I set all 4 drives up in RAID 5 even though one drive is 8TB and not 3TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raid-5-across-hard-drives/3639c094-b898-4d9e-9af3-bd322e4aa7cf
  8. Configuring RAID in BIOS for clean Windows 10 installation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Configuring RAID in BIOS for clean Windows 10 installation.: Hi everyone! I want to do a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64 (UEFI mode) on a newly assembled PC. The only connected drive (boot drive (C:)) is the Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD-512GB. I will connect the SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe-1TB as a data drive (D:) after the OS...
  9. Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10: I have read that Win 10 has the software to run a RAID 1 without a controller but it wasn't an option in Disk Management on my Windows 10 Home edition. Is this only a Win 10 Pro feature? If I buy an upgrade to convert my Home edition to Pro will 'mirroring' capability be...
  10. Windows 10 Pro, Raid 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro, Raid 5: I recently had the misfortune of letting a "repair shop" work on my PC, I have 3 500gb Samsung SSD's set up on my MSI MOBO to RAID 5, when I originally set this up, windows saw the raid and drive "c" was showing as 1TB, like it should, after letting this shop work on my pc it...