Windows 10: Configure Windows Hello PIN.

Discus and support Configure Windows Hello PIN. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I first got my XPS 9570 I set it up with Windows Hello fingerprint which works perfectly but I went into the setting today to add another... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sfxhewitt, May 12, 2020.

1. sfxhewitt Win User

Configure Windows Hello PIN.

When I first got my XPS 9570 I set it up with Windows Hello fingerprint which works perfectly but I went into the setting today to add another fingerprint and seen the message in the picture attached. Any quick fixes for this?

Configure Windows Hello PIN. e38d727d-7c5b-4d68-b41c-566bda835ea8?upload=true.png

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model XPS 15 9570

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU 087C

Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.8.1, 01/02/2019

SMBIOS Version 3.1

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.

BaseBoard Product 0D0T05

BaseBoard Version A00

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United Kingdom

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.752"

Username

Time Zone GMT Summer Time

Installed Physical Memory RAM 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 31.7 GB

Available Physical Memory 26.3 GB

Total Virtual Memory 36.5 GB

Available Virtual Memory 29.8 GB

Page File Space 4.75 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualisation-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

***Original title: Can't configure any Windows Hello Services.***

:)

sfxhewitt, May 12, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 12, 2020
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, May 12, 2020
  4. Configure Windows Hello PIN.

FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

Biometric Facial Recognition – Windows Hello - Microsoft

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Configure Windows Hello PIN.

1. Configure Windows Hello PIN. - Similar Threads - Configure Hello PIN

2. Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello PIN: I downloaded Teams recently and when logging in they prompted me to use Windows Hello with my account. There is no other option but to proceed. When you proceed they are asking you for the PIN. For the life of me I could not remember the PIN so I was using all kinds of pins...
  3. Window Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Hello Pin: When I try to use the Microsoft Store, it ends up asking for my PIN, which i do not remember setting up. When I click on "i forgot my pin" it tells me to go to"Sign-In Options". Unfortunately I cant change my pin because it says the Windows Hello is currently unavailable. How...
  4. Windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello pin: Hi, my computer is associated with my main email address, but my xbox account is associated with a different email address. When I try to sign into my xbox account on the app it asks me for my pin which I do not know, and when I try to reset it it tells me to reset it from my...
  5. hello windows pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hello windows pin: Brand new Dell laptop with windows 10. When i first set it up I was promted to enter a PIN which I did. Now I want to remove it. Followed all the instructions.settings>accounts>signin options>windows hello pin. Message:windows hellp pin: this option is currently unavailable....
  6. Windows Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello Pin: So for the last few months almost a year now, I have had to change my Windows hello Pin, the 8 digit pin number, about 15 times or so... when I go to my settings to change/remove/fix my pin number, it says that It is unavailable to me and to click to learn more, its the same...
  7. windows hello pin

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows hello pin: when logging into the microsoft store it asks for the PIN. i said i forgot it so followed the instructions to “reset it” i got to the settings and it says “this option is currently unavailable- you must add a password before” so what do i do?...
  8. Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN: Hi all, I cannot set up a PIN for my computer. My system has latest Insider dev branch. Any help is appreciated. Regards. 175872
  9. Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN: Hi all, I cannot set up a PIN for my computer. My system has latest Insider dev branch. Any help is appreciated. Regards. 175872
  10. Windows Hello PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello PIN?: I am on a standalone local Windows 10 account and just started to experiment with Windows Hello with a PIN. Just have a few questions. Is it more secure than having a local account password? Is Windows Hello on NON-Domain joined accounts the same as Windows Hello For...