Windows 10: configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10

Discus and support configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am struggling to configure outlook 2016 on windows 10 to be used with gmail. The error I am getting is following [ATTACH] I read following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by datatraveler2012, Dec 9, 2019.

1. configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10

I am struggling to configure outlook 2016 on windows 10 to be used with gmail.

The error I am getting is following

configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10 fdb75ef8-5434-4999-ad78-b25795ffcfed?upload=true.jpg

I read following "since July 15, 2014, Google has strengthened the protection of accounts by blocking applications that use simple validation for access the Gmail mailbox (such as Outlook). Currently, Outlook does not support OAuth and 2-Step Verification, so the only way to allow a connection for Gmail via Outlook is to use the App-Specific Password."

theitbros.com/outlook-cannot-connect-to-gmail

I wanted to know is above statement still valid I am not able to get gmail work with outlook 2016 on desktop.

I was able to launch a Ubuntu 19.10 virtual machine instance and configured thunderbird it worked in it.

configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10 78ea613a-57cf-421c-8062-535db378babb?upload=true.jpg

:)

datatraveler2012, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues

I've set up Outlook 2016 with the following email accounts:

L: [email protected] - Microsoft account using Exchange Server

plus 3 other email accounts on IMAP including a Gmail account.

All work and send / receive mail fine. Please advise:

1. How do you configure Outlook 2016 where to save Sent Mail in an IMAP acount? There is no configuration option like Outlook 2010.
    2. How do I change the name of the Exchange Server mail account displayed? I want something different to L: [email protected]
    3. My laptop running Outlook 2010 is configured to have the same accounts but also shows "Outlook Data File" with the associated mailboxes. I don't see this in Outlook 2016. Is this normal?

Steve C, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Dec 9, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10

1. configuring gmail with outlook 2016 on windows 10 - Similar Threads - configuring gmail outlook

2. Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders: I am getting frustrated at trying to remove the [GMail] and [Google Mail] headers within Outlook 2016 which have bopthe appeared in the folder structure as you can see here. I have looked in the GMail Labels online through GMail Settings and I can see [GMail] but when I set...
  3. Outlook and gmail

Outlook and gmail: I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update Outlook on a Mac and get the message that Outlook was not compatible with gmail. It is hard to believe that outlook can't handle...
  4. outlook 2016 and gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016 and gmail: Am having issues with the combination of Gmail and Outlook 2016> When sending an email through Outlook, mails are send twice with the second mail as a 0B sized e-mail. Disabeling the "save sended e-mails" option in Outlook didnt work. Anyone who can help me with this?...
  5. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  6. CONFIGURING GMAIL ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONFIGURING GMAIL ON WINDOWS 10: Havimg eventually managed to get Windows 10 to accept that I have a gmail account................it keeps telling me that my account details are out of date. No amount of me ignorig it, fixing it or re entering the password helps. In plain English, what can I do?...
  7. Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues

Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues: I've set up Outlook 2016 with the following email accounts: L: myname@outlook.com - Microsoft account using Exchange Server plus 3 other email accounts on IMAP including a Gmail account. All work and send / receive mail fine. Please advise: How do you configure Outlook...
  8. Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account: Hello- I'm running Office 2016 from MS Office Professional Plus along with Google Gmail on a Windows 10 PC. I have two Outlook Data Files; one is Outlook and One is Gmail. I want to retain most of my email data locally within the Outlook Data File. The only data I want...
  9. Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail: I have a Gmail account. I keep failing for a month now (except for a fleeting few days) to connect Outlook 2016 via IMAP to Gmail. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 2 two months ago. I had Office 2007. POP email kept working fine. However, a month ago, the perplexing...
  10. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...