Windows 10: Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account

Discus and support Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, Have this issue that should be resolvable with a simple SQL DELETE statement, but wanted to find out how possible this may be. A while back... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JaedenRuiner, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account

So,

Have this issue that should be resolvable with a simple SQL DELETE statement, but wanted to find out how possible this may be.

A while back someone created a Live Account. Then that email became defunct. At the time, in their less than knowledgeable wisdom, they had created a second account with the new email. This meant they had two active Microsoft Live Accounts, but one had all the software associated with it, and it was not transferable to the new account.

So, when I attempted to show him that under "Manage how you sign into Microsoft" on your account.microsoft.com profile page, you can add a new "alias" (email), verify it, and make it your primary alias for the account. Thereby allowing him to remove the old "defunct" email from the account. However, the new email was already associated with the second aforementioned account so the system won't let him add it to his primary account.

If he were to delete the unused account - the secondary accidentally created account - would that clear up the database so that the system would allow him to that email as the primary alias on his primary account?

Thanks

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

Example:

1. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

2. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

1 -> has all the associated software and games

2 -> is the current email, because the wi.edu is no longer valid.

we want to delete #2, and move that email to account #1 and remove the #1 email from that account.

:)

JaedenRuiner, Dec 26, 2018

2. E63 contact merge

Hello.

This is my next step in trying to organise my contacts in my new E63. It seems at some point the phone has downloaded my Yahoo contacts list and merged them with the phone contacts list, which is great. Except it hasn't exactly merged them; it's just added
    the two lists together, so I have mutliple entries for the same contact, in most cases one entry for the email address and one for the phone number. I'd like to have one entry per person containing both their email and phone numbers.

After a langthy and very frustrating conversation with a nice enough lady at Nokia Support who unfortunately doesn't really understand English, the apparent answer is that the only way to get the email and phone number joined under one contact for each person
    is to go through each contact manually adding the detail and then deleting the superfluous contact. Is that really the case? Is there no way to get the phone to automatically merge identically-named contacts?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

CSnoEnglish, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account

1. Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account - Similar Threads - Configuring Merging Superfluous

2. Merge accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merge accounts: I have some how created 2 microsoft accounts. I recently built a new PC and installed a fresh copy of windows. Somehow along the way it seems I used my cell phone number to create a new account which I didnt mean to do since I had a microsoft account already. No answer how I...
  3. Merge accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merge accounts: I have some how created 2 microsoft accounts. I recently built a new PC and installed a fresh copy of windows. Somehow along the way it seems I used my cell phone number to create a new account which I didnt mean to do since I had a microsoft account already. No answer how I...
  4. Merging of Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging of Accounts: After updating my windows, there has been a problem of data splitting. There is the administrator account which is not much used by me , and the user 'PC10' which is mostly used by me. This was before updating the device. After updating the device, my data from PC10 has been...
  5. Merging accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging accounts: Hello all. Moderator: Please don't hesitate to move to a different section.. I really wasn't sure where to post this one. Issue: I currently have 3 separate email accounts for various Microsoft products. Skype, Computers, Items from the Store. I would like to have a...
  6. 'Merged' Accounts

'Merged' Accounts: Recently logged in to emails on another laptop have done this before no worries, for some reason my account seems to have 'merged' with the owners? She had already set up an account and had had the laptop for multiple years, i.e.: on the 'Your Info' page in settings had her...
  7. Merging Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Merging Account: Hi Microsoft, I have a Microsoft account with *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and office 365 purchased under this account. I have a registered outlook address with *** Email address is removed for privacy *** also. I would like to ask if I can merge ***...
  8. Merge Accounts

Merge Accounts: Why can we not have the ability to simplify our world and merge multiple Microsoft accounts? I have an account that I setup ages ago with my Hotmail email and I have another that was setup with my Gmail, there should be a way to merge these Microsoft accounts and pick a...
  9. Merging accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging accounts: Can't configure the alias thing... Need all of *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (20 years of data?) pulled into *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Possible?...
  10. Merge Accounts

Merge Accounts: I just bought a new laptop and did not realize that on my former laptop, my Microsoft account was linked to a different email. Thus, when I was setting up my new laptop, I used the email that I thought I had used, but now I have two separate Microsoft Accounts. What I need to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. superfluous account